Car Audio in MO

The most important I would say is knowledge of the product and car stereo in general. Having been in and out of car audio for about the last 16 years things change and have to stay up with all the new stuff and how it all works. You can get behind the knowledge curve fast. Two of my frinds own successful shops in Oklahoma, have built some nice show cars multiple cars they have built have made it to USAC/IASCA world finals. Looking at the change they have made I would have to say my

favs are://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

1-good sound room w/good product layout scheme.

2-The glass looking into the install bay is really nice, but has its draw backs also.

3-Cleanliness nice showroom area with TV.

4-First apperance counts the minute someone walks in.

5-Public bathroom

6-I like being able to get tinted windows done at the same time aslo

7-prefab enclosures are always good easy to sell and easy on the pocket book for most people. Not for me though, I like custom done to specs.

Worst://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

1-The worst is the salesperson with an attitude that knows everything and treats like you are an idiot just there to buy something and get out.(People I start to quiz to see how much they really know)New guy at buddies shop did that, because he did not know who I was, made him look like an idiot. Guy lasted a week-bye see you later:furious:

2-The age old answer well I can order it for you. I can show it to you in the brochure but we do not even have that model in the soundroom for you to demo. If I am going to spend $500.00+ on a HU I want to touch it, see it, feel it. Before I just layout $500.00+ on a recommendation.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

3-When you walk in and there is no one in the show room anywhere and you wait 30min before someone realizes you are even there. Hell I should have helped myself to some product I guess.(not that I actually would)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Brands:

Pioneer-everyone knows the name, large range of product-have higher end stuff to

Alpine-same

Eclipse-same

JL Audio-same

JVC-good

Diamond-wide range of speakers

DLS- can go either way most would consider them highend I think, I do

Highend/harder to sell:

ARC but I am biased

Rainbow once again biased

US Amps

Zapco

DLS

There are alot of other brands out there to for the budget minded.

But you have to make money to stay open so some of what I have listed may not keep you in business day in and day out. Alot of people on Caraudio.com have alot of knowledge and may have better ideas than I do. This is all just my opionion, so take it with a grain of salt. There are alot of good ideas out there.

This all my 2 cent.

Genxx

Any comments or advice about my store are more than welcome. I take the bad with the good. Its only the truly honest people that are going to help you out. If they are just going to try and be nice and say everything is great, when it isn't, then whats the point. Right now I am completely open to any and all suggestions, the store is new and still developing (along with the owner) But I am trying to fill a void in my area that has come from the audio shops closing around here and at least have some option other than BB & CC.

I will stop by once i get my car and stereo installed
Cool, we just opened another shop in Blue Springs two months ago. There have been quite a few changes as far as the audio stuff goes in our stores, but I think they have all been for the better. Right now we are kind of in the middle of our transition. Most days of the week I am still at the Grain Valley store, so thats where I would try first.

sounds like uve got a preety good little shop going...as far as the brands to carry ect...from what i can tell, there are VERY FEW if any shops in the KC area who cary anything but alpine, kicker, JL...ect...really try and bring the brands like Arc, AA, RE (if u must) into the picture, because even tho they can be considered "high end" every company has an entrey level woofer...good luck with the shop, ill most likely be stopping by in a few weeks and introducing myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
this i agree with introduce some new stuff

as far as brands we currently carry, that would be:

Rainbow

Audison

Hertz

DLS

Kenwood

Powerbass

I do some ID stuff

Looking to maybe start carrying Ultra Subs

I feel most of the stuff we carry to be unique to the KC area. As far as I know I'm the only Rainbow dealer in MO

You guys should host a show I know some guys from blue springs who have been thing to get some shops to host some Midwestspl shows up there so they don't have to drive so far

Shop is still going well. We are coming up on our 7th year in a couple months. We did close our Grain Valley location, and now just have the shop in Blue Springs. We've been doing well keeping up on changes in the industry, and are currently excited to be using Encore as our new remote start/security products. The number to the shop in Blue Springs is 816-229-2727, give us a call if you have any questions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...