Adding Two more tweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sai Bhakta

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am new to the car audio world and I have just finished my first project. I installed two 12 inch subwoofers and an amp in my 2016 Camaro with Bose System. I'm now thinking I want to play around with adding tweeters behind the driver's seat to get a better surround sound feeling (unpopular decision...Ik... but It would be cool to test). Anyway, I'm an idiot and bought a monoblock amplifier for my subs. It is an 1100 watt max amplifier with 825watt RMS @2ohm. See specs below.

Here is my question... what is the easiest/cheapest way to add two tweeters to my system. Is it possible to just use a passive component crossover and install it after the amp and connect the sub and tweeters to that? Or will that overpower the tweeters? Add another amp? Get a two channel amp? If I split the tweeter out coming from the stock amp and going to the stock tweeters (without knowing any specifications ) will I mess with impedance or correct wattage? There is probably a better solution. Any ideas?

Amplifier:
https://www.amazon.com/Watts-Mosfet-...e%2C188&sr=1-1

Subs:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Get a 4 channel amp with built in crossovers for ~$100-$200USD and buy a set of 6.5's to go with the tweeters. Putting the tweeters behind you is autistic and stupid. Put them in the kick panels, or drill holes in the doors and glue them into the door flush. It's not that hard.

Good luck using the stock bose system with all that aftermarket ****. You need some sort of line out converter to de-eq the headunit or you need to replace the headunit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.