10” sealed, small box (.5 cu ft), low power - what woofer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

qwiketz
10+ year member

Hi all. I’m using a pre-fab enclosure for my Audi that is 16 liters. I don’t know the conversion but I’m guessing that is a bit over .5 cu ft. I’m going to power it with a stock amp for now (maybe 150-200 watts) so I’m looking for something pretty efficient.

any suggestions? I was thinking alpine s, sundown sd3. I do have a jbl gt-5 I’m going to use for now but would like to get something nicer down the road. Thoughts?

16 liters is .565 cubic feet, just google the conversion.  

With that small of an enclosure and being sealed combined with the factory amp, you will have very very little output. You should look for a sub with low moving mass and a soft suspension (high vas) if you want efficiency as well as a low fs if you want it to be able to extend low. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.