+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: who wants to kart at raod america?

sickmint79 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

who wants to kart at raod america?

anybody want to do some high speed karting up by road america? they have a large (0.8 mile) karting course. it is actually inside the main 4 mile race track - the karting track is inside the carousel. if you have been to chicago indoor racing this is a little like that - only the track is wider and larger, it is outdoors, and the karts are a good bit faster. just as with CIR you get print outs of your lap times when all the racing is done.

here's a video of a version of the course (its configured by race and group size i believe): Road America | Road Racing at its Best! | Briggs & Stratton Motorplex

video:
    YouTube - Motorplex August 24, 2008

date:
    may 31st, late morning, 10 or 11am

cost:
    $105

i'm actually going to be up there for a work thing. trying to get enough people interested in doing this, but it's like $300 a person unless you get a group of 30 or more. so far i have a gap until i reach that 30 based on work people alone. we are only doing this if we get 30 people. so i'm trying to find others interested in heading up. looking for people who are willing to commit and fairly soon so i can make this happen. fyi concessions will be open and there will be SCCA races going on all day on the 4 mile race track around us. please respond to this thread or PM me if you are interested!

***** UPDATES ***** from RA

sessions would probably be 10 karts at a time and approximately 8 minutes. at the end of each session everyone would receive a print out of their lap times. the entire event would last approximately 2 hours. everyone would get at least 4 sessions on the track. i believe this ends up being more seat time per $ vs. CIR plus you are on faster karts on a big outdoor track. should be extremely fun.

if you want to watch the SCCA races outside of the area we're in i believe you'd have to pay general admission, if you wanted to hang around and watch the races from this area for a while it would not cost anything.

-------------
    1-19. sickmint79 + coworkers (about 66% of coworkers have taken survey; closes may 16th a few more should be picked up)
    20. november on mwir.net
    21. november's friend yadel
    22. 16gkid on mwir.net
    23-26. triple_s1x on nasioc.com + 3 friends
    27. lazyfong (eddie) on mwir.net
    28. flip240 (phil) on mwir.net
    29. raudis on mwir.net
    30-33. nevets87 on nasioc + 3 friends

***** PAYMENTS *****
    we are at critical mass - i need to start collecting money. i need 50% of the total cost as a deposit, and the whole thing needs to be paid for before race day. I would appreciate a full payment up front but if you can only swing a partial at the moment we can work something out. PM me if you want my address for a check - else you can find me on paypal at mike@developer10.com. the total price is $105, but if you pay via paypal please cover the transaction fees by sending me $108.44 per person. send your username with payment so i know who you are please. i have a large amount of paypal and ebay transactions you can peruse if you are concerned about sending your money. would appreciate payment asap. thanks guys, it's going to be a lot of fun!

http://www.developer10.com/~mike/forsale
    check out stuff for sale, ask me for recommendations! have had car audio as a hobby for a while!!

4OZGLOVES is offline <--- Gina FTMFW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: who wants to kart at raod america?

Wow I wish I was closer,I run at beaverun wilson circuit in western pa all the time.

Refs
    FJF, tooshort_128 , BushJ311(local) , FRIEK, vactor, ls2poweredgoat(X2) , chrisw91, psycoacoustics, sundownz, 01 s10, headlesskoopa, twisted_0912(x3) ,trystanmay, coma toast, lord baccus, oldschool4me, beatkeeper, scbeerbarge, dwrecked, beatkeeper1, infamous_e46, neel, plugger, Cal, Centergod79

gotparts90 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

go karts? sorry to fat to fit

O my liver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annnarbor84 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gotparts90 View Post
    go karts? sorry to fat to fit
    lawl

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Definitely a good time when you go to Road America. Even if it's just to have a brat and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

ThatChevyGuy is online now i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

if they had two seaters so i can fit, hell yeah.

But those are always slower

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

FurbiesAndBeans is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What karts do they use?

My uncle is opening a kart track down in mexico, but it's for shifter karts. After riding a shifter kart i would not go downgrade anymore. those bastards are faster than most cars you see on the street.

2009 Mazdaspeed 3
    Headunit - Stock
    Speakers - Stock
    Subwoofer - 10" RD Sonance Flatwound D2
    Subwoofer box - 1.25 cu ft tuned to 35hz
    Subwoofer amp - Absolute EVD-2200
    Wiring - 4ga KnuKonceptz

gqjeff is offline Waz up????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

who is the stroke doing commentary on the video.. Go Jeremy GO...........

DEH-P980BT
    DC Level 4 10" at 33 Hz in 1.4 Cu Ported
    Sundown SAE 1000D
    Focal K2P's
    Sundown SAX 100.2
    Big 3 1/0 gauge
    Kinetik HC2000 front HC600 rear

01 pimped out Jetta GLX

Some feedback.. Not much I am new here. I have 100% on ebay at gqjeffy and a very good rep on some other saltwater reef forums...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388322

+ Reply to Thread