Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Reload Thread: I need Expert Electronic's help

  1. #1
    Noah Chiders's Avatar
    Noah Chiders Guest

    I need Expert Electronic's help

    I have a burned up amp that I need help fixing.

    How do you test a resistor, transistor, capasitior ?

  2. #2
    joegee87's Avatar
    joegee87 is offline Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)
    Take them to a repair store, and they will normally bench test them for free.

  3. #3
    THE BASSMAN's Avatar
    THE BASSMAN is offline Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)


    Yeah take it to a repair shop. It most cost a lot to get it fix. I would start looking for a new amp buddy

  4. #4
    Unregistered's Avatar
    Unregistered Guest

    hehe, i want broken amps!!!, but people want like 1/2 as much as they are worth when they work, and screw that, some might not be fixable without extensive reapairs =\

  5. #5
    Unregistered's Avatar
    Unregistered Guest

    Testing electronic

    Troubleshooting a circuit can be easy or difficult depending on the problem. If you don't have the schematic of the amp this makes things even more difficult. First look for things that could be problems black burnt out components bad solder joints etc. Then try to isolated the problem to an area. Like does the amp turn on, if so check the input and output sections of the amp not the power supply part. If the amp doesn't turn on then or blows fuses check power supply. Check voltage levels at the power supply rails. If the amp blows fuses all the time put a 12V light blub in series with the +ve lead and the blub will glow bright until you find and fix the short which is causing the fuse to blow. To check a resistor use an ohm meter witht the power to the amp turned off. Make sure that surrounding components aren't effecting the reading of the meter. To check a cap turn on the power and see a voltage is across it if so it is probally working. There are tools and other ways of checking these components but to detailed for here. Transistors can be checked with the diode scale on an ohm meter, but you have to know what you are testing.

  6. #6
    SuckMikeHawk23's Avatar
    SuckMikeHawk23 is offline #1 Laker Hater

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    626 California
    Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)
    i have an amp problem too. the amp that i was going to use to run my components is totally jacked up. it'll play very low for about 10 seconds, then hit pretty nicely for less than a second. what's up with it? how much do u think i'd be looking at to repair this? the power still works and everything, it just doesnt play right.

    2000 Honda Civic Coupe:
    Alpine CDA-7892
    US Acoustics USX4085
    Crystal Mobilesound CPE60S
    Crystal Mobilesound CSC60S
    2 E12KD2's
    4.7 cubic foot ported box

    AIM: TeamVicious23 and FishermanSteve23

  7. #7
    Unregistered's Avatar
    Unregistered Guest

    Broke amp

    It sounds like the problem is in the protection circuity which could be any number of things. The cost for somthing like this is probally a couple of bucks for the parts and a bunch for someone to do it.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Need Expert help!!
    By Lumix in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 01:02 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 09:53 AM
  3. 10" sub predicament...need expert sub help
    By 8inw7 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-24-2005, 10:36 PM
  4. Alpine 9833 need expert help
    By stevem5000 in forum Head Units
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 02:05 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum