Re: could the amp be blown?
that doesnt sound like the amp is blown.. Something else I think. Do you have a seperate gain per channel? maybe ur overdriving one and making the speaker distort. But Onto having the turn on lead into the battery wire. That isnt good because u will always be sucking power from ur battery. I dont know if its bad or not for the amp but u could try looking for a fuse or something in ur car that is only on whne the car is on. such as the windows or windshield wipers then stick it in there.
Car: 1999 Plymouth Neon
Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9853
Components: RE RE comps in some custom kick panels.
Subs: 1x Alpine Type R 1242D In a vented 33 hz 3cuft box. (redesiging)
Sub Amp: 1x Alpine MRD-M301 mono amp (400 rms/14.4volts @ 2ohms)
Speaker Amp: Infinity 7520a (97 rms x2 /14.4volts @ 4 ohms)