Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Eclipse Head Unit

misternapps is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eclipse Head Unit

In January of 2002, my friend purchased a 1997 mitsubishi eclipse GS from a dealer, "prestige imports" of california. His car came with an aftermarket head unit from eclipse audio (not mitsubishi ). About 2 months later, in March, we removed his negative battery terminal when installing a new battery, And the cd player stopped functioning due to a security code and , all it said was help!, and then after 3 days went dead. We contacted prestige imports, and they said it would require reprogramming from the factory, but that you needed an original owners receipt to have it reprogrammed!
    Anyone have any ideas as to how i would go about getting this head unit reprogrammed?

Thanks, Matt.

chris229 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if you used a card to buy the radio-- get a copy of the slip for the card visa,master card

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Eclipse Head Unit

Originally posted by misternapps
    In January of 2002, my friend purchased a 1997 mitsubishi eclipse GS from a dealer, "prestige imports" of california. His car came with an aftermarket head unit from eclipse audio (not mitsubishi ). About 2 months later, in March, we removed his negative battery terminal when installing a new battery, And the cd player stopped functioning due to a security code and , all it said was help!, and then after 3 days went dead. We contacted prestige imports, and they said it would require reprogramming from the factory, but that you needed an original owners receipt to have it reprogrammed!
    Anyone have any ideas as to how i would go about getting this head unit reprogrammed?

Thanks, Matt.
    Contact your nearest eclipse (NOT the vehicle, Eclipse car audio) dealer personally, they can help you with the ESN issue.

Just bring the vehicle in and explain the situation, there will be a fee, but you will have a working head unit again.
    Last edited by jlaine; 07-13-2002 at 02:56 PM.

chris229 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    don't they still ask for a receipt. Cause you could just walk in with a stolen radio

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by chris229
    don't they still ask for a receipt. Cause you could just walk in with a stolen radio
    All eclipse head units have trackable serial numbers, after explaining the situation to the dealers, they can have the unit traced to guarantee against a hot item, at which point they'll agree to work on it when the situation is explained and the unit's history is traced.

misternapps is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks guys.... It turns out my friend just bought a JVC cd player.. WTF?? haah oh well so I might get to pick up the eclipse head cheap.. should we still go with his vehicle to the eclipse place and have them try to reprogram even though its not in his vehicle?

Closed Thread