Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Amp not turning on

HelpMehelpU is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amp not turning on

So after i finally got my system all up and going then it decides to quit out on me. I was out messin with it today and almost got it to turn on. I had the voltmeter connected to my distro block which had the main power in it. Its pullin atleast 12v and workin fine. As soon as i touch the other end comin out of the block the volts immediately drop down to close to zero. I read somewhere to wire the remote on to the main power and i tried that then my amps led turned on and started blinking. The voltmeter was bouncin almost up to 13 and wouldnt stay in one place. Any help or comments would be nice

Ti22 is offline Audiophile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Amp not turning on

you need to run your remote wire from your head unit utilizing the remote blue (probably) wire, do not hook your remote wire up to your power distribution block.

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ti22
    you need to run your remote wire from your head unit utilizing the remote blue (probably) wire, do not hook your remote wire up to your power distribution block.
    what kind of distro block to you have. normally you would only run your 12v lead from your battery to your distro block to your amps. the remote wire will run directly from your head unit to your amps "rem" or remote input. that is what tells your amps to turn on or off.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had the remote on hooked up to the amp in the right position and not goin thru the distro. At that point my amp wouldnt not even power up and thats when i was loosing volts as soon as i connect my main power to the amp. I only hooked up the remote wire thru the distro cuz someone told me to try it and when i did my amp turned on then the light starts blinkin.

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

try running that remote wire to both. if you have a special distro block (maybe something with a volt meter or something in it) it might need to be told to turn on as well. that is the only thing i can think of. try it and let us know how it goes.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With the remote hooked into the power and remote on the amp i usually use it just turns on then the blue led starts to blink and it dosent put out any sounds to my subs. I tried hooking the remote up to both on an old amp i had layin around and it powered up but no signal out. What could be causing my amp to **** the volts out of my power wire?im gonna go pick up a better ground wire today and a new power then try that and see how it goes.

Closed Thread