Closed Thread

Reload Thread: speaker problem

cameroturbo is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

speaker problem

i have 2 punchz's from rockford and everytime i turn on my car i can see that the volt meter in my car is going down, i bought a rockford fosgate capacitor and just wanted to no that if i take my lead wires from my radio and connect them into rca inputs( well they make lead wires into rca inputs) into my amp that is running off my capacitor would that stop it from draining my battery or is my battery shot

haste makes waste

mrtwofingers69 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm.

the capacitor is for storing power so that when your bass hits, the bass is not putting so much of a strain on your battery.
    which should connect something like this:
    the capacitor will be installed on the power wire going from your battery to your amp.

from battery to input side of capacitor 12v+,then from output side of capacitor to your amp. then there might be a spot on the capacitor for a ground wire if there is a digital voltage read out. i'm guessing there is a rem 12v+ spot to turn the sucker on and off with. so someone on the forum should verify this

your hu should not be causing the battery gauge to go down,so i wouldn't mess with that power source yet.
    hope this helps a little.

chris229 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    don't do anything yet. How many amps does your AMP pull at full power? what size wire power wire do you have. What is the voltage reading at idle and motor crusing speed WITH AMP OFF? next what are they with the amp on?

Closed Thread