Closed Thread

Reload Thread: what size fuse?

snake_2011 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what size fuse?

ok well last night i thought i had everything hooked up right and i ran the speaker wires into the high input on the amp then from the SAME place i had the speaker wires running from i hooked wires from the speaker level converter to it. then as i was hooking up the ground for the amp it started smoking out of the amp so i hurried up and d/c the wires. i looked at the fuse on the HU which was blown, then today i tried a different HU and hooked it up then the fuse in that one blew too. so i was wondering what size fuse i can run on the batt.? i have two wires with fuse holders on them that im thinking i should run from the batt. then to my + wire on the HU. do you think this is why i keep blowing fuses? i havent looked at the amp fuse yet but i will sometime today. if you have the slightest idea about whats going on please help. thanks.

johnecon2001 is offline SSA/ROE Super-Møderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: what size fuse?

Fuses are the least of your problems. You seriously damaged something along the electrical lines. My suggestion to you would be to pull everything out, check it over and then re install. You probably fired the amp because you put two different setsof wires into the Hi level input. Clearly, you have some knowledge of car audio, but not enough to complete your system install. You're probably going to want to pay someone to finish it for you before you light your car on fire.

Don't PM me, I'm not here. Find me on SSA or ROE
    No, I won't re-upload the Big3 pictures. Don't ask.

snake_2011 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: what size fuse?

well how im running everything is.... batt. wire to + on batt.- ground wire to - on batt. cause no other way will work for me? then i have two long wires running to the + and - on the battery, and inside the truck i hook them up + to + wire on batt. and ground to - wire on batt. then that is all, shouldnt it work fine like that? please help on what to do, im not looking for a big system just something to get by with. i dont even need the amp, i just got it for free so i thought maybe i could put er in. well i may just wait until i am more experienced or something, do you recommend anything for me to learn? just surf the forums er what? thanks.

Closed Thread