Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Can anyone help out w/ this?

urmild is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can anyone help out w/ this?

I have an alpine CVA-1005 screen with a Clarion DVS9755z DVD player. Here is a background of the problem i am having:

its weird

i can see the video on the screen, and hear background music/effects, but you cant hear the voices of people when they talk... its relaly weird, i tried 3 different dvds and they all do it... on black hawk down dvd, i switched audio to french, and u can hear the people talking, but not in english mode.... on scary movie it doesnt support other languages so i couldnt switch. and on me, myself, irene... it didnt work on english 5.1 mode... i switched to english dolby surrond, and i could hear the people talk...

do you know wassup with this?
    all help is appreciated! this sux

PioneerGlnn is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

may be

there might be some thing wrong with the dvd player. you might want to contact Clarion about the problem, or the place that you got it from.

chris229 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what type of audio outputs does it have??? With 5.1 all voices and monologue are on the center channel. All effects are on fronts and rear surrounds. I'm thinking you are not using a center speaker nor are you using the center output. 5.1 home recievers have the option to output the monologue on the 2 fronts. You have to read the manual. It should tell you how to configure the sound output. You want to change it to the 2 front if your not using the center. If your radio chann't do this you would have to uce the center output and connect it to a speaker in the center of your dash. I'll bet you can change the monologue output though.

urmild is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i got it, just had to disable the center channel

chris229 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    cool! How does it sound??? Does the display compare with a TV when viewing DVDs?

Closed Thread