Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Best Wiring Setup For 2 Memphis 12's And My System?

swank is offline Need Electronics?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Best Wiring Setup For 2 Memphis 12's And My System?

Just recently installed my stereo into my new vehicle. Currently im running what you see in my sig minus the 0 guage wire. Im running 4 now.

KAC-X301T Excelon Series

Ok heres the problem. Currently this is how i have everything setup.

Both Memphis wired in parallel so that the ohms are dropped to 2. I then have ran one wire from one speaker terminal to the other speaker terminal dropping the ohms to 1. I then bridged at the amp dropping me down to .5 ohms. The amplifier i have IS stable down to this, I know this for a fact as ive ran many setups in the past this way. It is an excellent amp and ive not had a single problem with it yet. I also am using my 1 farad cap. This is how i setup the cap. I ran the power wire to my fuse breaker, then from there to my cap and from my cap to my fuse block/splitter. From there my power wire is ran to my amp. I ran seperate grounds to the chassy for both amp and cap. Im using gold plated stinger terminals on the cap and battery.

I have been noticing that my cap will cut out quite alot lately and just turn off then back on sometimes. Ive checked all connections and everything is secure. Also along with this I can only run my system for about 5 minutes before it will cut out for about 10 secs and then cut back in due to the amp protection.

From here i unbridged at the amp and dropped back to 1 ohm. The same problems have occured. Currently im just running channel to channel without any issues but of course lacking alot of Bass which i could be getting.

Now I am thinking either step up to a more powerful amp or possible get a bigger alternator and seperate battery.

Any ideas? Also any other ideas on wiring these to get the max out of them?

(images are from my old Beamer install i did, but give you a rough idea of how its setup as i set it up similar with my Benz, dont mind how the wires are ran in the pics.)

Clarion Pro Audio Head Unit
    2 Memphis Studio 12in Dual 4 DVC
    Ported Undivided Premade Box
    Kenwood KAC-X301T Xcelon Amplifier
    Hi Wave 1 Farad Digital Cap
    4 Gauge Power Wire, Custom Amp Rack

---------------------------

Did some more researching and fixed the problem. Turns out I never rewired the subs and they were still wired normally to 4 ohm and i had actually goofed by wiring to 2 sets of terminals which seemed to throw some weird voltage into the system.

Wired down to 1 ohm/1 set of terminals and bridged at the amp.

Now the cap is still shutting off occasionly. I need to check again, it could be the cap is not even turning on anymore. System pounds perfectly now without any cutting out with just a bit of slight dimming in lighting.

Another problem is that my vehicle (1995 C36 AMG Benz) has the factory amp and cd changer which i never bypassed when i had to custom wire a VW harness to work since they dont make any for my vehicle. Im getting way to much treble with my system. Id like to either use just the factory amp to power my internal speakers or bypass and use my HU to power them all. Currently it has 4 door speakers, and 3 in the deck with a space to install another, as well one im unable to disconnect. For now i just disconnected 2 of the rear deck speakers and i run my rear fade at around -7 and my treble completely down (-6) and then i use the clarion's Z feature and it sounds great but still a bit too loud of treble for my liking.

Another issue is for some reason my amp isnt keeping settings in memory. The HU has both the 12v and 3v, 12v for memory and the 3v for external components. I went ahead and twisted both and connected to my harnesses yellow. I as well had to tap the amp remote into an accessory wire in another factory harness. Ive went over all wires as best as i could and still no luck! Its really a pain in the @ss redoing all of those settings each time i start my car.

Any opinions, suggestions, or advice on how i set this up and how to resolve some of the problems im having? Any advice is much appreciated.

johnecon2001 is offline SSA/ROE Super-Møderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Best Wiring Setup For 2 Memphis 12's And My System?

someone already answered the memory question for you.

get rid of the cap and do a big three upgrade on your electrical system.

that'll help alot more than the cap will. And next time if you could get right to the point that would be great.

Don't PM me, I'm not here. Find me on SSA or ROE
    No, I won't re-upload the Big3 pictures. Don't ask.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No need to be a smart ***. Take note the time of this thread, my post within the other thread and when the person responded. I havent had time to switch them around so you cannot accurately say that will correct the memory issue. Im a very thorough person, i dont like to be asked a million questions so therefore explaining in detail is necessary, it only helps and makes for a quicker explanation to my issues. If its too much for you to read then dont take the time to read it and respond. Still questions within the post not answered. Im not an idiot or new to car stereo, im aware of upgrading the electrical system. Now is simply not the time that i need to do so, i dont plan on doing my final custom install until spring. Everyones here to learn share knowledge and help each other, its not about whos balls are bigger than whos. (From what ive gathered reading some of your other posts).

Thanks for the input anyway, should be more detailed next time...

johnecon2001 is offline SSA/ROE Super-Møderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This reminds me of the e-***** thread that squeak posted.

Don't PM me, I'm not here. Find me on SSA or ROE
    No, I won't re-upload the Big3 pictures. Don't ask.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cap doesnt function at all at the moment. Going to check grounds and a few other things. That along with bypassing the factory amp seem to be the only issues at the moment. I suppose im going to have to buy the custom wire harness that has the built in bypass harness and plugs, id hate to rewire it all by hand to bypass the amp.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Leaving Cap alone at this moment, got a custom harness that bypasses the factory amplified setup and all seems to be well at the moment. Thanks for the help those who helped.

Closed Thread

User Tag List