Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Pioneer Deh-P6000 powers off it self!

HBoB is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Pioneer Deh-P6000 powers off it self!

I just bought a Deh-P6000 deck from a friend to replace my pos deck. I got it for a good price as it has one problem, and that is the deck will power itself off when u lower the face plate more than 1cm trying to change cds. So right now to change cds it a challenge get my cds in or out. The only thing i have thought of that may cause this is the ribbon cable that connects the face plate to the internal pcb. It almost looks cracked right along the place where it connects to the front plate. Is that normal? and if it is, does anyone here have any suggestions how to fix this or what causes it? I would be very greatful for any help.

HBoB is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Come on....anyone have any ideas? I'm good with electronics, just need a idea where to look to fix this thing.

Jacobs is offline JIMMY GO BOOM BOOM

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's still under warentee right?? If it is just bring it back to the store and get a new one... it doesn't sound like a wireing problem that you could help

Loud music is good... Loud music that is clear is better

hu - pioneer primer DEH-P630
    Sub amp-JLaudio 500/1
    Speaker Amp-Pioneer GM-X564
    subs-pioneer Primer TS-W1241DVC
    6X9's-Pioneer TS-A6985
    pioneer primer TS-C504 component speakers

dr. no is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    10-1 the cable that connects the faceplate with the rest of the deck is defective. If it's under warranty great, even if it isn't probably wouldn't be over $20-30 to have it repaired.

HBoB is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You have no idea how happy that makes me to hear that its reasonably cheap to get that cable repaired. I looked at it again today and it looks like the cable is cracking near the place where it connects with the face plate. Thank you dr. no.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mine was a bad cap 12.00 @ highend

There is a great repair place in atlanta called high-end car audio repair center their address is 1919 metropolitan ave atlanta Ga. 30315 they have very fast and precise service i highly recommend them. their # is 404-763-2005 or 770-473-6556
    AUDIOPHILE4LIFE

ps their prices are great !!! and shipping and handling ups is cheap
    their email is (FRIFRI@BELLSOUTH.NET)

HBoB is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it finally happened, the ribbon cable gave out. I have determined that i can't resodler a new ribbon cable onto my deck, and that there are no good local shops that will work on pioneer equipment. So i have a question, I was thinking about trying to order a new front plate (the plate that the cds slide into and that the face plate hooks up to.) I was wondering two things, one is if the ribbon cable would come presodlered and with the plate and the other is can anyone tell me a place that I could order one from? I contacted pioneer by email today but who knows how long it will take them to respond. Thanks again.

dr. no is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know waiting ***** but just sit tight till you hear back from pioneer, gonna be at least Mon, doubt they work weekends. They will give you a list of authorized repair centers nearest you. Worst-case senerio would be there arn't any near you and you have to ship it off for repair, prob. take 2 weeks. The one other posibility that might help would be to call crutchfield and ask them where the nearest pioneer authorized repair center would be. Get a 800# off their site, crutchfield are good people and would probably tell you even if you didn't buy it there.

HBoB is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whew, I got a email from pioneer today, a replacement ribbon is only like $7. So i'm going to get a friend to sodler in the new one and my deck will be good to go.

Closed Thread