Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New JVC KD-AR7000 help

Ok I bought a brand new JVC head unit off line for my girlfriend to replace her 5 year old Kenwood head unit. So the 1999 Civic Ex radio was already wired and everything, it has a harness, I installed the unit and it worked fine, the only thing is that the memory wasn't staying (we had to reset the settings everytime we started the car, well i figured that i needed to rewire the yellow wire and the red power wire. so i was trying to rewire the yellow wire and i had it by a set of pliers and the metal of the pliers barely touched the back of the head unit, this created a little spark but nothing major. i reconnected the wires to the original places that i initially had them and the power wouldnt come on. i havent tried to rewire the unit it yet the red where the yellow is and the yellow where the red is but i figured since it was working before it should work now. well i couldnt get it to power back up. i got very frustrated and tried everything to get it to work. the thing that i didnt really do is check the fuses which i should have done, i checked one fuse that said back up (radio) under the hood but nothing in the car fuse box. I am wondering if the unit should still be powered up even thought the 12V ignition wire and the 12V constant are switched (even thought it worked fine before), did i blow a fuse, or does anyone think that the little spark could have shorted out the whole head unit? please get back to me as soon as anyone can with any information, thanks.
    Kyle

Jax8287 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: New JVC KD-AR7000 help

also if anyone can help me find a fuse box diagram for a 1999 Honda Civic Ex under the hood and in the car that would be really helpful.
    Thanx
    Kyle

johnecon2001 is offline SSA/ROE Super-Møderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: New JVC KD-AR7000 help

You most likely shorted the HU fuse. Change that and rewire the radio harness with a new one. Don't mess around with the old stuff. Check the radio fuse in the main box and also the fuse box in the drivers wheel well.

As far as a diagram goes, Just pop out each fuse until you find a busted one. It won't hurt the car to do this so go for it. And then replace the poopy one.

Don't PM me, I'm not here. Find me on SSA or ROE
    No, I won't re-upload the Big3 pictures. Don't ask.

Closed Thread