+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: What RCA cables do you use?

znewberry is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

What RCA cables do you use?

Im installing JL Audio FiX 86 this week in the 300. Any recommendations "best" RCA cables?

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3803 Post(s)

Re: What RCA cables do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by znewberry View Post
    Im installing JL Audio FiX 86 this week in the 300. Any recommendations "best" RCA cables?
    Anything "shielded" should be about the same. Don't put too much stock into marketing hype and over-pay. I'm currently using Monster and Stinger at the moment but have done plenty of installs with other brands and really unless you buy bottom of the gutter stuff (it'll look super cheap) you're fine. Even Boss brand RCA cables are fine assuming they're "shielded" and have decent enough insulation to survive mobile environment.

3. Likes ciaonzo liked this post
    MattinMO is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

I use monster rca cables for home and car audio

My wife doesn’t know about my car audio addiction...shhhh

2RZ-FE is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1021 Post(s)

Through the years, I finally settled in on one cable that never fails to deliver in terms of sound quality and ease of installation. Monster Interlink Micro XLN. Sweet highs, fat bass, and no noise.

Eactly like the ones in this listing (not mine, btw). --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-Cab...0AAOSw4QdaUg7e

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

SounDrive is offline www.soundrive.audio SounDrive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

SounDrive is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1347 Post(s)

Our cables are custom made to order in the USA and all of our lines are shielded properly. Lots of cheaper shielded cables do not properly ground the shield, or use foil as a shield which doesn't reject much, if any noise.

You can check them out at SounDrive Audio Store or email me at [email protected] for bulk orders of 5+ sets.

Owner, SounDrive Audio
    Visit our store at www.soundrive.audio
    Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/soundriveAudio

PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR FASTER RESPONSES - [email protected]

Dealer for: SounDrive Audio | Synergy Audio | Audio Legion | XS Power | Mechman | SPL-Lab | Taramps | Limitless Lithium | Wolfram Audio | Singer Alternators | Ampere Vibraflex

8. Likes JohnKuthe liked this post
    aeroportspwn is online now mmmm aeroports

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Stay away from the very cheap generic RCA's that look like this. They are the $2 bargain box specials..

Anything half decent that is shielded like stated will do fine.

refs on here: bought from PioneerSPL1990, amartin_72, fasfocus00, Kowboy | Sold to evildave101, Louisiana_CRX, KAC1023, Zachfeen, ds0110 | refs on caco: 72impala, super_duper, KAC1023, tandrel | refs on ebay: my username is chevy-guy87

10. Likes JohnKuthe liked this post
    aeroportspwn is online now mmmm aeroports

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I've never had a problem running the proper stinger rca cables or Memphis audio rca cables but the Memphis are harder to find now. The stinger work good and the price is in the mid range.

refs on here: bought from PioneerSPL1990, amartin_72, fasfocus00, Kowboy | Sold to evildave101, Louisiana_CRX, KAC1023, Zachfeen, ds0110 | refs on caco: 72impala, super_duper, KAC1023, tandrel | refs on ebay: my username is chevy-guy87

BOOMINGRANDPA is online now NOT TO OLD TO BASS

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1913 Post(s)

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, custom 2.11 cf ad ported tuned @ 36hz 30.375 port area, soundqubed 6.5" coax, hp xover (hu), AGM starting batt... FU 750 destroying my spoiler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeeCIZJpUs pioneer 3003 videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

2RZ-FE is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

I want to get new ones with the cheaper ends. The style in my link grabs the RCA jacks so tight that the shield around the jack broke loose from my amp and got stuck in the RCA cable. No damage it just pushes back on but I was like wth

Jcsaudio is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

I tried these and they worked great from Best Buy. Just don’t run them near any power wires (any RCA) and you’ll be all set. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketf...?skuId=9807282

2014 Sienna 2-way active SQ system. SB Acoustics SB29RDCN Tweeters. Focal PS165V mid woofers. Pioneer D9500F 75 watts RMS x 4. Pioneer BHS 5800 HU. AudioControl EQX. 10” Alpine SWS sub in custom ported box tuned to 35 hz on 400 watts RMS Alpine MRP 450.
    2014 F-150 XL work truck 2-way active budget SQ system. Tang Band 25-302SH 1" tweeters. Dayton Audio ND140-4 mid woofers. Alpine 40 WPC x 4. NVX micro sub amp 200 WPC. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP & FIX 86. JL Audio Microsub 8W3V3-4
    2014 CX5 3-way active SQ system. Pioneer 1330 NIX HU. Focal PS165V tweeters. Celestion AN2775 2-3/4 midrange. NVX XSP65 mid woofers. Pioneer PRS D4200F 75 WPC x 4. JBL GTX 500. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP. Alpine 12” SWS sealed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1913 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2RZ-FE View Post
    I want to get new ones with the cheaper ends. The style in my link grabs the RCA jacks so tight that the shield around the jack broke loose from my amp and got stuck in the RCA cable. No damage it just pushes back on but I was like wth
    yeah i got some short nice ones with gold ends that screw tighten and they a pain to get off, i use them on ht..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, custom 2.11 cf ad ported tuned @ 36hz 30.375 port area, soundqubed 6.5" coax, hp xover (hu), AGM starting batt... FU 750 destroying my spoiler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeeCIZJpUs pioneer 3003 videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

Jcsaudio is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SounDrive View Post
    Our cables are custom made to order in the USA and all of our lines are shielded properly. Lots of cheaper shielded cables do not properly ground the shield, or use foil as a shield which doesn't reject much, if any noise.

You can check them out at SounDrive Audio Store or email me at [email protected] for bulk orders of 5+ sets.
    Those cables look nice and braided shield too is very nice.

2014 Sienna 2-way active SQ system. SB Acoustics SB29RDCN Tweeters. Focal PS165V mid woofers. Pioneer D9500F 75 watts RMS x 4. Pioneer BHS 5800 HU. AudioControl EQX. 10” Alpine SWS sub in custom ported box tuned to 35 hz on 400 watts RMS Alpine MRP 450.
    2014 F-150 XL work truck 2-way active budget SQ system. Tang Band 25-302SH 1" tweeters. Dayton Audio ND140-4 mid woofers. Alpine 40 WPC x 4. NVX micro sub amp 200 WPC. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP & FIX 86. JL Audio Microsub 8W3V3-4
    2014 CX5 3-way active SQ system. Pioneer 1330 NIX HU. Focal PS165V tweeters. Celestion AN2775 2-3/4 midrange. NVX XSP65 mid woofers. Pioneer PRS D4200F 75 WPC x 4. JBL GTX 500. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP. Alpine 12” SWS sealed.

Jeffdachef is offline Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7260 Post(s)

I use monoprice cables. Less noise, better performance and build quality than knuconceptz at 1/3 the price.

https://www.monoprice.com/category?c...&cs_id=1021814

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1913 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcsaudio View Post
    Those cables look nice and braided shield too is very nice.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-CHANNEL-1...UAAOSwc49Y7Vf1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast