+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Reload Thread: What battery(s) would you run?

  1. #1
    znewberry's Avatar
    znewberry is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    What battery(s) would you run?

    Im getting ready to buy a second battery for my setup in an attempt to help the horrible dimming any suggestions?

    I was looking at XS Power XP3000

    4k RMS







  2. #2
    poolman966554's Avatar
    poolman966554 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    NW, PA
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    4k rms? Do you have a high output alt/ big 3 yet? if not, then your on a road for disaster. What kind of vehicle do you have?

    What amps do you have, and how big battery,and what ohm load are you running?

    Those are the most important questions as far as im concerned.

    That being said, i bought my Duracell G34 AGM at sams club for $129. they are popular around here and have good reviews. Great deal.



    Avinusa HU for 2007 Honda Crv
    Electrical : Duracell Grp 34 AGM with Big3
    front stage : Sundown Sae 50.4 on DB651s
    Sub amp : AB 4480.1
    Subs : 2) Sundown SA-12s @1 ohm in 3.8cu'ft @ 32hz

  3. #3
    znewberry's Avatar
    znewberry is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    Quote Originally Posted by poolman966554 View Post
    4k rms? Do you have a high output alt/ big 3 yet? if not, then your on a road for disaster. What kind of vehicle do you have?

    What amps do you have, and how big battery,and what ohm load are you running?

    Those are the most important questions as far as im concerned.

    That being said, i bought my Duracell G34 AGM at sams club for $129. they are popular around here and have good reviews. Great deal.

    1) Chrysler 300 / Stock Battery
    2) Alt is stock at 160 im hoping it will do the job.
    3) Big 3 in this car is not much of help I have read due to heavier gauge wiring being used already.
    4) AMP currently is a little soundstream picasso 3500d 1ohm however I plan to get a NICE solid amp this summer. *Un decided on wich amp, open for suggestions*
    5) Current Subwoofers are two 2000w RMS Untouchable Sound 12" https://untouchable-sounds.myshopify...g-series-12-d1 However I have plans to get two sundown jv4 rev2 eventually. So preferabbly my next amp upgrade is strong enough to power that setup.

    you can see the box for the setup here. Just finished it tonight,
    https://youtu.be/zzI3EIeszWw

    $129 seems cheap! the ones im looking at are 300+ bucks without cables ;/




  4. #4
    los33's Avatar
    los33 is offline Car Audio G



    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2251 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    Quote Originally Posted by znewberry View Post
    1) Chrysler 300 / Stock Battery
    2) Alt is stock at 160 im hoping it will do the job.
    3) Big 3 in this car is not much of help I have read due to heavier gauge wiring being used already.
    4) AMP currently is a little soundstream picasso 3500d 1ohm however I plan to get a NICE solid amp this summer. *Un decided on wich amp, open for suggestions*
    5) Current Subwoofers are two 2000w RMS Untouchable Sound 12" https://untouchable-sounds.myshopify...g-series-12-d1 However I have plans to get two sundown jv4 rev2 eventually. So preferabbly my next amp upgrade is strong enough to power that setup.

    you can see the box for the setup here. Just finished it tonight,
    https://youtu.be/zzI3EIeszWw

    $129 seems cheap! the ones im looking at are 300+ bucks without cables ;/
    I had multiple 300's, the 3.5l and the hemi..

    Both have the large red power wire which is 0 gauge, but the rest is not 0 gauge.. the ground wire is more like 8 gauge.

    Also mechman and many other companys offer a 240+ amp alternator for 399+.

    An AGM battery its self did wonders for the 300.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk




  5. #5
    znewberry's Avatar
    znewberry is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    Quote Originally Posted by los33 View Post
    I had multiple 300's, the 3.5l and the hemi..

    Both have the large red power wire which is 0 gauge, but the rest is not 0 gauge.. the ground wire is more like 8 gauge.

    Also mechman and many other companys offer a 240+ amp alternator for 399+.

    An AGM battery its self did wonders for the 300.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

    Wait are you using the AGM as a second battery or the primary?




  6. #6
    poolman966554's Avatar
    poolman966554 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    NW, PA
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    no reason not to use a agm as a primary



    Avinusa HU for 2007 Honda Crv
    Electrical : Duracell Grp 34 AGM with Big3
    front stage : Sundown Sae 50.4 on DB651s
    Sub amp : AB 4480.1
    Subs : 2) Sundown SA-12s @1 ohm in 3.8cu'ft @ 32hz

  7. #7
    los33's Avatar
    los33 is offline Car Audio G



    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2251 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    Quote Originally Posted by znewberry View Post
    Wait are you using the AGM as a second battery or the primary?
    AGM as a primary, you do not want to mix a standard lead acid battery with agm..

    Lithium and agm is perfectly fine.

    Look into autozone, oreily, advanceauto agm brand batteries.

    They are all odyssey batteries that work fine as a primary, the secondary battery can be a much more audio specific like lithium or just xs power or any other brand you prefer.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk




  8. #8
    macsdad's Avatar
    macsdad is offline boom-boom



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Trussville, Al
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    838 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    I got my under the hood batt from advance auto for 140. Do they still run the primary batt in that car in the trunk? Should make it fairly easy to add batts if so. I have an xs975 in the rear near the amp.



    2013 Cadillac SRX Performance package
    Cadillac CUE Entertainment System
    10 speaker Bose premium
    Incriminator Audio IA20.1
    Stereo Integrity HST12MKII

    Bought from; mylows10 x5, double07 x6, ssteele x1, boxxcd x1, vecticus x1, 72impala x1, treesive x1, jaeguerra909 x1, pinoy2o9 x1, michaellane x1, trumpet x1, ricoshay x1, boomsday x1, mitchell0715 x1, Jeffdachef x1. Sold to; mrfoca x1, Treo 15 x2, Trades; AnthonyO x1, Shauncox26 x1, loudenuff x1

  9. #9
    znewberry's Avatar
    znewberry is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    Ah I didn't think about changing my primary battery before adding a second battery.

    Right now I only am running the Soundstream Picasso 3500D and im getting dimming during hard hits. I dont plan on upgrading my amp for several months. I wonder if JUST a good AGM as primary will work without a second battery. Atleast untill I get more power.

    What do you think?
    1) Big 3 install
    2) AGM battery
    3) SECOND BATTERY (xs or w/e) ONLY if needed or when I get better amp.




  10. #10
    znewberry's Avatar
    znewberry is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    Quote Originally Posted by macsdad View Post
    I got my under the hood batt from advance auto for 140. Do they still run the primary batt in that car in the trunk? Should make it fairly easy to add batts if so. I have an xs975 in the rear near the amp.
    yup all in the trunk

    A little off topic but here is the first dry fit , glue still abit gooey I couldnt wait haha. I need amp rack idea now hmmmm

    https://ibb.co/dNySCR
    https://ibb.co/g9dSCR




  11. #11
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is online now CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2693 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    Quote Originally Posted by znewberry View Post
    Ah I didn't think about changing my primary battery before adding a second battery.

    Right now I only am running the Soundstream Picasso 3500D and im getting dimming during hard hits. I dont plan on upgrading my amp for several months. I wonder if JUST a good AGM as primary will work without a second battery. Atleast untill I get more power.

    What do you think?
    1) Big 3 install
    2) AGM battery
    3) SECOND BATTERY (xs or w/e) ONLY if needed or when I get better amp.
    yeah the duracell is good idea but i got my starter agm at advance., by it online u get 20-25% off so mine was like $136 and go up there and they install it.. as far as better amp have u looked at the wolframs pretty good deals on them and just for power orion xtr 2500 does over 3k, twisted sounds 2.8k i think did 4k..



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule

  12. #12
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is online now CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2693 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    looks like for a 300 advance agm would be $168 with discount..



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule

  13. #13
    znewberry's Avatar
    znewberry is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    yeah the duracell is good idea but i got my starter agm at advance., by it online u get 20-25% off so mine was like $136 and go up there and they install it.. as far as better amp have u looked at the wolframs pretty good deals on them and just for power orion xtr 2500 does over 3k, twisted sounds 2.8k i think did 4k..
    TBH I havent got that far yet it was a headache figuring out the FiX 86 is what I needed to keep factory deck. Im new to this and trying to make it right. Ide love to get a good amp right now , however im still in the process of the basics it seems to prepare for bigger so for right now i will try the big 3, agm battery and hope it hold me over untill a new amp and second battery.

    that twisted sounds looks mean, thats right up my ally when I upgrade, why such a price dif from that and the orion !?!?




  14. #14
    znewberry's Avatar
    znewberry is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    looks like for a 300 advance agm would be $168 with discount..
    thats better than the initial 350+ I was going to spend on the second battery b4 primary upgraded.

    just to clearify this is the battery u guys are talking about https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...000%7CL3*15597 with discount exact fit to my car its 210.48




  15. #15
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is online now CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2693 Post(s)

    Re: What battery(s) would you run?

    Quote Originally Posted by znewberry View Post
    thats better than the initial 350+ I was going to spend on the second battery b4 primary upgraded.

    just to clearify this is the battery u guys are talking about https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...000%7CL3*15597 with discount exact fit to my car its 210.48
    yeah thats it 3yr warranty to but should be $165 + tax after 25% off.. grab that 25% pop up when u go there.. now there are other better agm batts but this is good for me..i have seen it test at 13v.. also i had load test done on it for fun 2 weeks ago mine is a 740 cca it tested 953cca at 12.65v at 109 degrees.. my old batt was a 800cca it tested at 529 which is y i replaced it lol...



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What sub/subs would you run?
    By Serpent710 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 01:15 PM
  2. What subs would you run on Crunch GP3000d?
    By hornedfrog1985 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 01:51 AM
  3. What amp would you run with Powerbass two 2xl 10"s?
    By Gradyj14 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 01:17 PM
  4. What 15" Would you run off a Kicker 2500.1?
    By WhiteEX in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 07:44 PM
  5. What would you run? Oz ME or RE SE?
    By BASS_WARRIOR in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 10:32 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum