+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: I need help! Bought a new amp and sub and the sub barely bumps.

BOOMINGRANDPA is online now YEAH I'M A CHEAP BAST*RD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1143 Post(s)

Re: I need help! Bought a new amp and sub and the sub barely bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Redxdesigns View Post
    Alright thanks guys. At the moment soniceletronix is screwing me over and denied my refund because I used the amp for 5 minutes... what a joke company
    i would suggest the xtr 1500 for that sub but if u hurtin' for $ my p1000 would work well..

KENWOOD X301 HU , PIONEER CHAMP PRO 3003d4 12, 1.65 CF SLOT PORTED TUNED TO 35 HZ, PRECISION POWER P1000, SOUNDQUBED 6.5" coax, xover (hu) AGM starting batt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

Redxdesigns is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

I read on Amazon that some people's ppis would go Into protect mode and they couldn't get it out of it. How long has it lasted

BOOMINGRANDPA is online now YEAH I'M A CHEAP BAST*RD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1143 Post(s)

I read on Amazon that some people's ppis would go Into protect mode and they couldn't get it out of it. How long has it lasted
    I just got mine,, other peeps here ay they ran some at 1/2 ohm no problems and other guy said he beat hell outta his kept running.. I get u link to thread about my amp.. PRECISION POWER P1000 LOUD AF @ 2 ohms!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $156 amazon

KENWOOD X301 HU , PIONEER CHAMP PRO 3003d4 12, 1.65 CF SLOT PORTED TUNED TO 35 HZ, PRECISION POWER P1000, SOUNDQUBED 6.5" coax, xover (hu) AGM starting batt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Cool. I'll probably be getting this amp once I get a refund. Also how much would making a subwoofer box cost. Never made one before but have all the tools I need to make it. I was going to use this design I found on YouTube. 2 cubic at 35 hertz. https://youtu.be/1IhmNHrtmmk

Papermaker85 is offline Better built than bought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4265 Post(s)

check the polarity!

Insidious Audio

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6490 Post(s)

I'm looking for something under 1000 watts rms. I don't want to have to upgrade anything electrical in my car. Also does an amp have to have a subsonic filter? Isn't that just a hifh pass filter?
    stop looking at junk amps. You are running at 2 ohms so its still under 1000 rms. It doesnt matter what your electrical system supports, you can always lower the gain until your voltage stabilizes Always ALWAYS have waaay more power than you ever need so the amp doesnt get overworked and overheated due to you not being satisfied with how loud stuff gets. technically Yes its a high pass filter but it goes waaay deeper from 10 to 50hz usually. Most other amps dont have anything like that, mainly subwoofer duty monoblocks so the proper name is a subsonic filter.

Cool. I'll probably be getting this amp once I get a refund. Also how much would making a subwoofer box cost. Never made one before but have all the tools I need to make it. I was going to use this design I found on YouTube. 2 cubic at 35 hertz. https://youtu.be/1IhmNHrtmmk
    45 bucks. including screws, wood and glue and caulk. If you have everything else besides the wood, then 33 bucks after taxes for a 4x8 sheet of sanded pine ply or mdf.. I'd go with 11 layered pine if I were you.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    stop looking at junk amps. You are running at 2 ohms so its still under 1000 rms. It doesnt matter what your electrical system supports, you can always lower the gain until your voltage stabilizes Always ALWAYS have waaay more power than you ever need so the amp doesnt get overworked and overheated due to you not being satisfied with how loud stuff gets. technically Yes its a high pass filter but it goes waaay deeper from 10 to 50hz usually. Most other amps dont have anything like that, mainly subwoofer duty monoblocks so the proper name is a subsonic filter.

45 bucks. including screws, wood and glue and caulk. If you have everything else besides the wood, then 33 bucks after taxes for a 4x8 sheet of sanded pine ply or mdf.. I'd go with 11 layered pine if I were you.
    Thanks. What are your thoughts on the ppi that boominggrandpa reccomended? That one good? And dang I didn't know it was that cheap to make a box yourself lol. I was gone a buy a prefab box on eBay for 120 a week ago

Papermaker85 is offline Better built than bought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4265 Post(s)

Did you check polarity?

Insidious Audio

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by papermaker View Post
    Did you check polarity?
    Yeah negative to negative positive to positive. I actually bought am rca to 3.5 mm jack and hooked my phone direct to the amp and my sub bumped but probably 80 percent to what my Rockford fosgate amp did. So it's definitely the amp not putting out the watts it says it's supposed to put. Weak amp

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6490 Post(s)

Thanks. What are your thoughts on the ppi that boominggrandpa reccomended? That one good? And dang I didn't know it was that cheap to make a box yourself lol. I was gone a buy a prefab box on eBay for 120 a week ago
    meh.. i'd look for a used alpine mrx 110 instead. at 2 ohms that ppi will do that much power at all. Read up on Box rise and you'll see why i suggest amps with a lot more capability. You wont get anywhere close to 2 ohm power when you actually play the sub.

You are wired to 2 ohms but you'll be around 4-8 ohms when the sub is playing depending on frequency and thats the power you'll be seeing out of the amp. Thats the reason why you have soo many people claiming they can throw 1500 watts rms to a sundown SA and it'll handle it fine.. It handles it not only because that its a beefy sub, but its actually because they are actually just seeing rated rms when they actually clamp their amps for actual power output.

With a bigger amp you can always run another one later on at 1 ohm. Plan for the future because these upgrades wont end once you start bud...

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

So the hifonics is probably playing around 300 watts? My Rockford was running at 300 watts rms and the thing bumped like it was playing 500 watts. Rear view mirror literally fell off and I had to tape it on. Does this drop in watts depend on the brand as well? Because I know Rockford prime series plays what it says it does and more. I might just save up for the r1200.1

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3582 Post(s)

read good reviews but I guess I shouldn't have trusted them.
    The problem being that most reviewers don't really know any better.

Hifonics has been largely garbage since Gen X (with a very few exceptions), but it's not like you've got a great budget to do much better. I'd think there's some other issue going on. Build a box first, post pics, then we can go from there.

13. Thanks Slo_Ride thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Yeah I'm probably building a box this weekend especially after realizing how cheap it is to build one. But sonicelectronix finally accepted my return request so I'll be returning the amp. Probably gonna save up for a better one. New budget would be around 215 or so

Slo_Ride is online now Take It Easy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2884 Post(s)

Get the Cab1600.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

YukonXL04 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Ride View Post
    Get the Cab1600.
    This... I would jump on that if I were you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Tag List