+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Improve Defender Sound (tweeter)

pastrana95 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Improve Defender Sound (tweeter)

Hello everyone !
    I joined this forum so I could ask a few questions. I found a few answers here and there but as I am relatively new in audio setup, it might help me to get a clear answer from you guys.

I have a TD4 Defender (Land Rover) which comes with horrible audio equipments. It is also good to keep in mind that its a noisy car.. so no need for a professional setup, it will never be the right car for that.

I first changed the head unit for a pionner 4*50w to which I added 2 JBL 5-1/4 2ways speakers.

It was already a good improvement, but as they are under the dashboard, facing my shoes... it clearly lacked some high.

I then added 2 tweeters : https://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-T...WZH23Q79KE3P8C.

The improvement is noticeable ... too much maybe. These tweeter are really loud.
    I am coming to you guys to help me find a fix. Here are some of the ideas I gathered:

Each of them in mounted in parallel to the jbl speakers (easiest). So the impedance in the high (they have a crossover) is now divided by 2 so 2Ohms right ?

1) Would mounting them to the rear output of the head unit bring the impedance of the high to 4 Ohms, and thus reduce the output ? (even "better" would mounting them in serie be even more efficient if it works this way ? By doing so I would increase it to 8Ohms, would it make a difference ? )

2) Maybe stupid as I never saw such a fix, but why not cover them ? with a "foamy" material of some sort ? Just putting my hand over it makes it immediately less loud, but still hearable.

3) The use of a resistor seems as the common method for such a task. Do you have any particular recommendation ?

Thank you for your help !

Victor (from Belgium)

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5795 Post(s)

Re: Improve Defender Sound (tweeter)

1st off. Garbage tweets to start with. My buddy used to run them. they effin s*ck!!!!!!!

2nd should have gotten a component set to start with

3 you need an amp for any real results.

4 head unit plays a big role as well, if you dont have anything higher than a 10 band EQ, you are screwed.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List