+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: New. Apologizing ahead of time for the stupidity, but could really use some help

SuperDuty350 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

Icon10 New. Apologizing ahead of time for the stupidity, but could really use some help

So, I've been doing a ton of reading on this site, and realize I have barely scratched the surface of realizing I have lent the slightest idea what I'm doing lol.

I have a little background knowledge of wiring, voltage, voltage drop, honing things out...etc etc as I do service and install irrigation systems.

This is my first sub system. I have been around them before, (back in high school) my good buddy had a set of r 12's in his explorer, another with a set of Memphis 15's in his buick...some diamonds. So on...

I've always appreciated music and wanted a system, so here I am at 30 trying to put one in my truck, and I haven't a clue what I'm doing. Sub I got came with an amp, cheap boss riot3002. I did the install. Watched some YouTube videos(probably the last thing you want to hear), read a bunch, have totally rewired trailers, irrigation, other things, so I'm no stranger to wire connections. Figured I could probably do it.

I decided to put (what I thought would be) a better amp to my comp r 12. Got a kicker cx600.1. I just got it swapped out, and the boss amp sounded better. The kicker amp doesn't seem to want to hit bass notes. I don't know if I need to tune it, or if I've done something wrong or what. But I can't get it to hit like it was with the boss amp.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please be patient with me, as I'm still trying to figure this all out. Have always had an interest in the stuff. Just finally acting on it and plan to stick around.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

10k-watts is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Re: New. Apologizing ahead of time for the stupidity, but could really use some help

It sounds like you need to have it tuned properly...the crossover and the gain...I can wire but I can't tune...I'm learning that area myself...once tuned...it should sound better...if not it could be that the boss was putting out more power...u only have 1 sub?

Mr. 10K

Jeffdachef is offline Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5753 Post(s)

Re: New. Apologizing ahead of time for the stupidity, but could really use some help

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDuty350 View Post
    So, I've been doing a ton of reading on this site, and realize I have barely scratched the surface of realizing I have lent the slightest idea what I'm doing lol.

I have a little background knowledge of wiring, voltage, voltage drop, honing things out...etc etc as I do service and install irrigation systems.

This is my first sub system. I have been around them before, (back in high school) my good buddy had a set of r 12's in his explorer, another with a set of Memphis 15's in his buick...some diamonds. So on...

I've always appreciated music and wanted a system, so here I am at 30 trying to put one in my truck, and I haven't a clue what I'm doing. Sub I got came with an amp, cheap boss riot3002. I did the install. Watched some YouTube videos(probably the last thing you want to hear), read a bunch, have totally rewired trailers, irrigation, other things, so I'm no stranger to wire connections. Figured I could probably do it.

I decided to put (what I thought would be) a better amp to my comp r 12. Got a kicker cx600.1. I just got it swapped out, and the boss amp sounded better. The kicker amp doesn't seem to want to hit bass notes. I don't know if I need to tune it, or if I've done something wrong or what. But I can't get it to hit like it was with the boss amp.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please be patient with me, as I'm still trying to figure this all out. Have always had an interest in the stuff. Just finally acting on it and plan to stick around.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan
    take a picture of your amp settings and post it on photobucket or imgur.com and then post it on this website so we can see how you have thing set

Also tell us how you have your head unit setup as in do you use loudness, bass boost, bass EQ? whats your subwoofer level at? whats your volume level at? whats your max head unit volume?

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

SuperDuty350 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

I apologize I didn't get back to this sooner. I was under the impression I would get some kind of email or notification if somebody responded to the thread. I don't want you guys to think you wasted your time on somebody who posted and bailed.

I'm having a new issue that I posted in the new thread.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List