Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 4 speakers, 1 sub, and 1 set of RCA's!?

Jeepin is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 4 speakers, 1 sub, and 1 set of RCA's!?

Okay, I have a 97 Jeep Wrangler with all stock speakers replaced with Infinity Ref 5 1/4". I also have an Infinity 10" sub and an OLD Jensen 4 channel amp. The head unit I have right now is a Pioneer with ONE set of RCA outs.

Question: Is there a way to run all 4 speakers and the sub off of this amp with only ONE set of RCA outputs?

I have spent all of my extra money on my wife's Cherokee and I am trying to find a way to make this work until I get some more cash for a HU and another amp. Any ideas and help would be appreciated. Thanks.

pavengmike6 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 4 speakers, 1 sub, and 1 set of RCA's!?

There are a few options. If you amp is bridgable you can do this. Go to radio shack, and buy a Y splitter. It changes 1 RCA plug into 2. You will have to get 2 of them. It should have 1 female end and 2 male ends. You will plug it into your rca cords and plug it into all 4 channels of your amp.

Next if your amp is bridgble you could bridge 2 channels and run the sub off of those 2.
    Then take the other 2 channels and run the 4 remaining speakers. You may have to run them in series so you do not drop the Ohm level to low for the amp. It will not give you as much power put it will work. Or you could run the front 2 spearkers off the HU and the back 2 off the amp, and the sub off a bridged channel of the amp. You could run all 4 speakers off the HU and then the sub off the amp itself. This will only really work if you have a LPF/HPF on that amp. Seeing you said it was old it may not have this. This is what I would do. If you are going to run power wire for that amp go ahead and go to a 4 ga power wire. This will allow you to add an amp down the road. If you get a small power wire you will NOT be able to add an amp in the future unless you run more wire. To be honest you do not have to buy a new HU. I would but if you wanted to add an amp you could get an elec crossover. They are pretty cheap now days. It takes 1 rca input and changes it from 2 to 3 outputs. It also allows only bass/mid/highs out to the amp the followon rca will be run too. Hope this helps some

jleecong is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Use a splitter to split the RCA into two signals for the Jenson Amp. Depending on your amp you could either use the front channel of the amp to push your 4 speakers (2 ohm load) and then use the rear for the sub.

Another option is to run the 4 speakers from the HU and then use the amp to power the sub.

The best option is to be patient and wait to have the proper equipment.

1996 Honda Integra GS-RL
    -------------------------------------
    HU ------ Pioneer DEH-P9200R
    FRONT -- CDT Audio CL-61A
    REAR ---- CDT Audio CL-6X
    SUBS ---- 2 RE SE 10s
    BOX ----- 3.023 ft^3 @ 33.31 Hz
    F AMP --- Crossfire TEK 75.2
    S AMP --- Crossfire BMF1000D
    WIRE ---- Knukonceptz 4 GA
    POWER -- Optima Yellow Top
    ALARM -- Ungo MS8300
    -------------------------------------

Jeepin is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, here is the problem. I currently have it set up to where the 4 speakers are running off the front channels and the sub bridged off the rear. I have two splitters that turn that one set of RCA's into two but the amp has a set of inputs for EACH channel. Meaning that there is 8 total inputs. Now for the problem. I am now only getting the left channel through the front speakers and the right channel through the sub.

Running the speakers of the HU doesn't give them enough power to here them. Remember, soft top Wrangler = hella loud. So basically I guess I need two inputs for the 4 speakers and one for the sub? That would give me a left and right channel through the speakers and only a right or left through the sub?

BTW: This amp does have HPF/LPF's for each channel (A,B,C, and D).

pavengmike6 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have 8 inputs???? I have NEVER seen a 4 channel amp with 8 inputs. I am not calling you a lier, it is odd. You could go buy you a elec crossover and make 6 outputs from that. then y split the 2 for the highs.

To be honest you may be asking to much from this one amp. By rigging this up you may be hurting the amp for future use.

For your sub you only want a MONO sig going to it. It does not need a stereo sig to function properly.

no matter what you do you will not get a fader/balance when running this config. That is what you will have to give up.

Jeepin is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL, oops! Sorry about the type-o. I meant to say there was 4 total inputs. One set per channel.

Closed Thread