Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Rca Help Asap!!!

jahkesh is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Rca Help Asap!!!

Hello everyone....
    I have posted about 3 threads so far regarding this Eclipse CD8061 HU with the balance line adapter and hopefully i will get of this **** straight soon.....

Ok, so the installer wants me to buy high quality RCA's to get zero noise and good voltage out to my amps. I have to purchase six 2ch RCA cables to run for the HU to the balance line adapter to get the high voltage. This is because there is a positve and a negetive for each preout.

HE said 60 bucks EACH!!!! SO $360, **** THAT!!!! im sorry but i am not spending that much money on frekin RCA's. Yes i want zero noise and a great sounding system, that is y i purchased the Eclipse Head but this is crazy!!! He wants to sell me streetwire 2.0 ZNL and he said he has cheaper ones for 20 bucks each but that they would create noise and defeat the concept of the high voltage HU.

I came here to ask you guys what kind of RCA's should i get that wont destroy all of my savings but still deliver clean sound with zero noise. My current amps were ran off of a fogate dual amp kit.

Do any of you guys know good deals on some good RCA's like moster cable or something. I was looking on there website and i was curious about the:

M series M1001XLN
    Interlink 401XLN
    Interlink 301XLN

Are these any good and will the 301XLN be good enough for me? Are there any others that dont cost a fortune. Keep in mind that i need 6. Is it possible to just buy three 4ch RCAS instead if six 2ch RCAs? With that create noise or effect anything?

I know i can buy 5 dollar RCAs but i wanted something good. I dont need 90 dollar cables, if you cant tell the difference then why bother? If 20 dollar cables sound the same, then i might as well just get those. But i want to be sure that they will be good RCA because it would cost alot to redo it again if they dont sound good.

Also, how many feet do you think i would need. Is 10 or 12 feet enough to get to the far back of the trunk? I have a BMW 1993 3series 4 DR. Do all of the positive and negetive RCAs go along one side of the car or are they going to go through both sides???

And another thing, why do they sell only 1 meter of RCA??? That isnt even enough to get to the front seats????
    Thanks in advance

rubix777 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Buy the RCAs and test them out yourself, the cheap ones and the expensive ones. I'm sure all stores will let you return them if you're not satisfied.

Anyways, that's what I would do.

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    First off, he is just trying to get your money....I use the lower line stinger rca's and i have no noise in my system....I have a competition system in my car with middle to low $ wiring and it sounds fine....as long as they are not radioshack specials you will be fine....

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    to be honest ive never had any problems w/ the cheap stuff you can get at walmart....but if you really wanna get the higher quality stuff....try checking into some of the home audio rca's some of those have some good quality stuff for cheap...good luck

viper0383 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The monster cable Microline or something like that come in a 6 channel i dont think they would cost more than 120, but they are great wires, easy to install.

Closed Thread