+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: I am so flustered...

bodusky is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am so flustered...

Hello I'm new, I've been creeping on this site for a while and have run into a problem with my setup. This is going to be a tad lengthy so please bear with me. So I recently bought a grand marquis locally and the owner before me had a well know shop do a full audio upgrade in the car. I'm currently running 4 gauge ofc from the battery to a distribution block to split off into two 8 gauge wires with one feeding an alpine MRF 4 channel amp and the other powering an alpine MRV mono amp. Well I decided that the kicker comps weren't enough so I just switched to new sub's and a hifonics brx2400. My question is since the new mono would be happier on 0 gauge, can I bypass the distribution block and run straight 0 gauge to the hifonics amp and keep that 4 gauge wire and run it straight the MRF? So I'd have one 4 gauge and one 0 gauge wire coming from the battery to the two amps in the trunk. Does that sound okay. I'm planning on the big 3 soon after I get this squared away if that would be required. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I am so flustered...

Whether it's the 500 or 250 MRV the 0 awg is enough to run the 4 channel and the mono. Big 3 should always be done. Stock electrical is for stock items.
    Last edited by What was that?; 07-13-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: not paying attention!

Functional Stupidity

Dmac1991 is online now '12 Focus Bangin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Run the 0 gauge to a distribution block, and use two short runs of 4 gauge ofc to each amp

Got LOWZ?!

Ampere Audio 2k
    2 Awg Welding Cable
    1 Tantric HD 12
    Dcarcustoms 2.5cf Octo-ported tuned to 30hz

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1029894 = Feedback

Umbra is online now Hobbyist & CA Tenderfoot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, you can do that. If the 4 gaugue is already run and you can fit the 0 gaugue in there as well, go for it. You're getting recommendations for running it to a distri block, which you can do, but you only save a foot or two doing it that way. Just fuse both wires appropriately.

My Setup:
    • Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-BT555U
    • Speakers: 4 Kenwood KFC-P709PS components on a Rockford Fosgate Punch P400.4, ~70W RMS @ 4Ω to each
    • Subwoofers: 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch HE2 12"s in a custom 2.5ft³ sealed enclosure on a JBL BPX500.1, ~750W RMS @ 4Ω to the pair

bodusky is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright thanks for the input, I think I'll just run a 0 gauge along the 4 gauge. I just want to get every bit of ompf I can out of the subwoofers.

CrossoverOre is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you want it all then you will have to do the big 3 and possibly a battery upgrade depending on what is currently in the vehicle.

+ Reply to Thread