+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Ok a weird wire problem

deadmanrob is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok a weird wire problem

Ok this is a strange problem. I know this is more than likely not related in the least but thought it was odd. I took a left turn and took off through traffic and had the sub and amp that ive had in for a couple years now going. Almost coming out of the turn the bass stops... A couple of days later I check all of my wires connections pulled my radio ect ect. then decided to pull the woofer ,found that one of the small wires that run from the cone to the coil was snapped in half. Ok cool I found the problem... or so I thought. I put another sub I had, in the box and ran it for a couple of days. Once I went to the same spot I have to book it across the 4 lanes same turn left and all I gun it and boom the bass goes out... I followed the small amount of power wire that runs along the drives side back seats frame through to the trunk and pulled it away from the frame and the sub has worked great. I tortured it as a test for the ride home and it sounded great and didn't cut out once... I guess my question would be is there any possibility that when taking that sharp left and gunning it could cause the power wire to be pressed against the metal and it cause interference through the red wire casing?
    Sorry for the long winded explanation

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Re: Ok a weird wire problem

Not thru the insulation :short answer:

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

deadmanrob is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ok a weird wire problem

Just was odd and I can't figure out why straightening out the power cord and pulling it away from there caused it to come back on like nothing happened.

+ Reply to Thread