Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Replacing speakers with existing Bose wiring

2004 Nissan pathfinder, want to replace speakers in doors. Do I have to run new wires or is their a +,- in the wiring at the doors that I can use. I replaced the stereo already but used an adapter straight to the factory wiring. I want to do away with the Bose and go straight from the deck to the speaker but doors have the Bose speaker amp combo.......does that make since? Lol

Chromatic is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)

Re: Replacing speakers with existing Bose wiring

There is a Positive and Negative Speaker wire for all the speakers in your Nissan.. You can find them in the doors.. Or, usually easier just behind the headunit. The headunit Factory or not.. Factory Bose Speakers that are self amped or not.. etc.. Require a signal from the headunit. So you have the Front right, Front left.. and so on all right there in that wiring harness area you already put the new stereo into.

Some people will tell you that you need to run ALL new larger wire and NOT use any factory speaker wire. That's crap. I was going to not use ANY factory wiring in my Nissan (it's a similar setup even if it's a Nissan 350Z) -- Then I finally wised up (thanks to the nudging of people on here) _- And I ran new speaker wire from my 5 channel amp under the panels/carpet to the back of the headunit.. spliced into the factory wiring for the Front speakers there -- And my rear speakers it was just easier to run new wire to (but that's just the way my car was designed) --

Point is,.. you can use all the wiring already in the car.. even amped with aftermarket speakers and it will not only work, but sound just fine, if not great.

You don't want to push 1000watts RMS through 24 gauge factory wiring (ie: A high power sub).. but some nice $100-$200ish components that run 50-80watts RMS will work just fine with factory wiring (and safely). I Push 70watts rms X 4 speakers for my mids/highs.. and 300watts x 1 for my 10" sub... (In my setup I only have the front speakers using part of the factory wiring.. but even if I didn't run new wire to the rears .. they'd sound just as good..). I do recommend running dedicated wire to your sub.. (if you even choose to buy one).

I can't tell you exactly how to take your Pathfinder apart and so on -- but Nissans are all pretty much designed the same with wiring (give or take) after X year with regards to the stereo/speakers, etc..

So this may help you:

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Nissan-Wiring.pdf

Bottom line: To answer your question -- Yes, it makes sense, and Yes you can do whatever you want with that factory wiring. Obviously you can't use the Bose amps on aftermarket speakers .. and so on.. but you can use an aftermarket stereo (I assume you put in) -- with a set of aftermarket speakers (just powering off the headunit) (which will be something like 10-20watts RMS per speaker at best..) -- OR go bigger/better with higher wattage and quality speakers and grab an Amp to power them, and run RCA's from your headunit RCA pre-outs to the Amp, and then of course the Amp goes to your speakers.

Some people just want two $50 speakers in their doors,.. some want $15,000 worth of speakers.. I understand and agree with it all.

Good luck with it,

Vehicle: 2008 350Z
    Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470 - Front Stage: JBL 6.5" MS62C Components - Rear: (1998 German) MB Quart 6.5" QM-160-KX - Sub: SRQ Custom Enclosure with JL Audio 10" W0v3-4 @ 300w RMS - Amp: 5-Channel PPI 900.5 - Wiring: KnuKonceptz 4g Power/Ground + 3 Sets Twisted Pair RCA's - 14g Speaker wire - NVX + Rattletrap Extreme Sound Dampner (30Sq ft.) Throughout - Extras: Rear/Reverse Camera - KCA-iP-202 w/ Garmin Navigation Integrated with Touchscreen.

3. Thanks keep_hope_alive thanked for this post
    Aslmx is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Man this is awesome. Thanks a lot. I see where you are from bham, I live in cullman but work in bham. It took me 8 hours to get home last night. Thank the good Lord for 4x4. I'm glad that crap is about gone.

5. Likes Chromatic liked this post
    accuab is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aslmx View Post
    Man this is awesome. Thanks a lot. I see where you are from bham, I live in cullman but work in bham. It took me 8 hours to get home last night. Thank the good Lord for 4x4. I'm glad that crap is about gone.
    Too bad for y'all folks down there. I'm about 10 miles from the TN state line right on the interstate and we only got a dusting. They delayed schools today but that was only due to the cold. It's weird how the snow got south of us and went all the way to gulf shores (check out pics online - they're neat to see).

7. Likes Chromatic liked this post
    Chromatic is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aslmx View Post
    Yup.. if you have questions.. people , including myself, will answer them here. Also.. that's sweet you live (work) in Birmingham. Yeah they totally missed this one.. I had to go rescue a handful of people stranded this morning in my 350hp, 350Z, Rear wheel drive.. ack! The chains I had saved me.. I saw so many cars and trucks just slide off the road and into each other.

If you want to talk to me direct, or text.. etc since we live in the same area roughly.. feel free to Private message me here and I'll give you my cell number to text, talk , etc.. if you get stuck on something and want to ask someone RIGHT THEN and get an answer right then.

All I can say from this point is take your time before you buy. Do your research on EVERY single piece of hardware from the Amp rack/spacers or whatever you are going to do with the amp.. to obviously the speakers you select.

Roll tide

Quote Originally Posted by accuab View Post
    Too bad for y'all folks down there. I'm about 10 miles from the TN state line right on the interstate and we only got a dusting. They delayed schools today but that was only due to the cold. It's weird how the snow got south of us and went all the way to gulf shores (check out pics online - they're neat to see).
    Yeah... one of the worst "busted" forecasts in the winter here since 1982 they say. Should go above freezing tomorrow (thurs) and then people can go back to being moronic fast , gridlocked, 280 drivers. hehe..

Good from hearing from you both.

Vehicle: 2008 350Z
    Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470 - Front Stage: JBL 6.5" MS62C Components - Rear: (1998 German) MB Quart 6.5" QM-160-KX - Sub: SRQ Custom Enclosure with JL Audio 10" W0v3-4 @ 300w RMS - Amp: 5-Channel PPI 900.5 - Wiring: KnuKonceptz 4g Power/Ground + 3 Sets Twisted Pair RCA's - 14g Speaker wire - NVX + Rattletrap Extreme Sound Dampner (30Sq ft.) Throughout - Extras: Rear/Reverse Camera - KCA-iP-202 w/ Garmin Navigation Integrated with Touchscreen.

+ Reply to Thread