+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: i want more bass

joede870 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i want more bass

i have just done my first install and i want more bass and more sound in general any suggestions?

Full Tilt is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: i want more bass

Ouch, that one was almost painful.

Come on man, give us something to work with. What vehicle, what subs, what amp, what's your electrical, how's the enclosure, what you had for dinner, some kind of info.

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry i have been trying to get awnsers all night. i have a 2002 tacoma extended cab 2 door i did my first install i installed a 5*7 kicker component system i hooked it up to a old school 50 two way rockford. the sub is a mclass memphis 12 and its a good sub in a sealed box for what i paid i hooked it up to a punch 250 two way i bridged it a 4 ohms and hooked it to a Rockford cap. my wiring job was pretty good i bought two wiring kits. my head unit is a double din jvc, i ran everything under the carpet and the amps are under my seat(i had to work with the room i had. i was thinking about adding one or two subs and getting a bigger amp and another component system. do you have any suggestions.

jeffdachef is offline I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joede870 View Post
    sorry i have been trying to get awnsers all night. i have a 2002 tacoma extended cab 2 door i did my first install i installed a 5*7 kicker component system i hooked it up to a old school 50 two way rockford. the sub is a mclass memphis 12 and its a good sub in a sealed box for what i paid i hooked it up to a punch 250 two way i bridged it a 4 ohms and hooked it to a Rockford cap. my wiring job was pretty good i bought two wiring kits. my head unit is a double din jvc, i ran everything under the carpet and the amps are under my seat(i had to work with the room i had. i was thinking about adding one or two subs and getting a bigger amp and another component system. do you have any suggestions.

You should slow down with the thread creation there fyi just make a single thread and bump it if you want a more focused and helpful answer on this forum.

Your going for loudness? Sound Quality? or both? How much space are you willing to give up? A setup can only get as loud as the space you want to give up.

Also capacitors are useless garbage that belongs only in the trash take it out and add a 2nd battery, upgrade the big 3 with all 0 guage if you really want to go balls to the wall with your bass.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

neo_styles is online now AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mods, just close this thread as I've already started helping him in the other. I'll flag this thread to get their attention.

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

dbl

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdachef View Post
    should slow down with the thread creation there fyi just make a single thread and bump it if you want a more focused answer on this forum.

Your going for loudness? Sound Quality? or both? How much space are you willing to give up? A setup can only get as loud as the space you want to give up.

Also capacitors are useless garbage that belongs only in the trash take it out and add a 2nd battery, upgrade the big 3 with all 0 guage if you really want to go balls two the wall with your bass.
    well i like both quality and loud and i would like to have two passengers so i can give up one seat for a couple of subs what would you recomend for two loud subs that hit hard and deep and a amp that will power them im willing to spend upwards of 700. and thanks for the tip about caps.

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joede870 View Post
    well i like both quality and loud and i would like to have two passengers so i can give up one seat for a couple of subs what would you recomend for two loud subs that hit hard and deep and a amp that will power them im willing to spend upwards of 700. and thanks for the tip about caps.
    Skar audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Well thanks mods for deleting the useful thread. I'll just copy my recommendations over here.

Ditch the sub you have now, take the $700 and put it towards the following (and you get choices on the sub or subs)

Amplifier:
    Incriminator Audio IA10.1 1200W RMS Amplifier - SSA STORE

Subwoofer(s):
    Death Row-12 D1 Incriminator Audio 12" 1000W Dual 1-Ohm Death Row Series x1
    XCON 12 Sound Solutions Audio 12" 1750W XCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE x1
    Sundown Audio SA-12 600 watt sub woofer x2

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

10. Thanks joede870 thanked for this post
    jeffdachef is offline I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

op you might want to do a center console build if you want to keep some passenger space https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvCDkgOuU_Y keep it to 2-3 subwoofers to so the enclosure wont be as bulky.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

+ Reply to Thread