+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Need installation advice!!!

hudika is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Need installation advice!!!

Right now i have upraded my sub box and amp but going from my old amp to new amp and box isnt turning out to be as easy as it should. I have an eclipse ae2000 amp and a alpine type r 10 inch dvc sub but all the labeling on the amp is unfamiliar to what i have delt with in the past. Now i have a mono switch on/off and a clipping light and the rca inputs are labeled 'line in' and 'pre amp out' instead of input and rca line out but i dont think they work as input and rca aux out, if someone can inform on what the mono switch and the rca plugs are for. The amp has no power light it only lights up when rcas to headdeck are plugged into pre amp out plugs. Everything is on and connected but still not even a squeak from the sub. The details on the amp are here Eclipse EA2000 2-channel car amplifier 60 watts RMS x 2 at Crutchfield.com and details on sub is here Alpine SWR-1042D Type-R 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com. after hours and hours can someone please shed some light on this?.? Cheers guys

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Re: Need installation advice!!!

mono is for subwoofer or you can run it as a 2 channel for mids or whatever

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Slo_Ride is offline Midnight Rider

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

either way you're gonna want a bigger amp for that sub, yours only puts out about 175 watts.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

CrossoverOre is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not only is your amp going to be under powering the sub but its not 2ohm bridged stable. So you will have to run it at 8ohms if you dont want the amp to shut down. At which point you will be severely under powering the sub. Forget about using that amp and get something bigger and at least 2 ohm stable.

+ Reply to Thread