So I had someone give me a 12" 400w sub (w/box) a while back and finally decided to put it in my '04 Nissan Sentra. I have a 500w amp and I picked up a 680w wiring kit at walmart. While I was there, I grabbed 4 6" 1/2 200w kicker speakers. I found the installation for a sub to be confusing so I decided I'd throw in my new speakers so I'd at least have something better than stock. Got them in, they look great, they work, but there's no bass to them. I checked online and it sounds like I need to connect them to an amp but I'm trying to figure out how to do it and I'm overwhelmed.
So some questions I have are:
1. How the heck do I wire 4 speakers to an amp correctly??? (please put it in the simplest terms possible)
2. It sounds like I need a 4 channel amp for the speakers? Is that correct? If I got 2 more speakers at some point, would it be possible to wire all 6 to a 4 channel amp?
3. Can anyone explain to me in a not-so-confusing way how to install a sub?
4. If I get 2 more subs (12" 500w) what size amp would I need for everything?
5. Lets say 6 200w speakers, 2 500w subs, and my 400w sub. That's 2600w total, right? (maybe throw in a couple extra tweeters or small subs and round it up to 3000w) would it be better to have 1 3000w amp or 2 1500w amps?
6. The 4 kickers I installed, are the stock wires going to be okay or will I have to replace them with something of better quality?
Anything you can tell me would be a great help. I've been trying to find stuff online to explain everything but I can't make heads or tails of any of it.
Also, I'm going to be getting a new stereo as well. Will that effect anything? (does it have watts that have to be factored in someplace?)