+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Reload Thread: So I bought a double din unit off of eBay...

jrdnhsnbrg is offline Pimped my grandma's ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: So I bought a double din unit off of eBay...

Quote Originally Posted by Imerino View Post
    Haha yea I learned that the hard way for sure.

Hey does anyone know what kind of cable I need to look for behind the radio when I take it out to make the auxiliary port in my armrest to start working again?? Is it just link a line in jack to plug into the aux of the radio or one of those pin plugs? Anyone know about this??
    no idea man, maybe just ditch the armrest aux port for the sake of simplicity? If you're dead set on having an aux in the armrest and can't figure out how to hook it up get a nice, long aux cord and re-run the cable.

01 Lincoln Continental - Mary

XFL 12" on a VFL150.1, 4.5 cubes net @27Hz
    Powerware 150ah monster, SHCA 1/0 & 8ga
    Pioneer D Series 6.5" and 6x8" on a VFL150.4

References: mylows10, 2000LaDe , VWGolfMKVI, Garcia915, UnderFire, joeybutts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    You HAVE to look.

If after 5 wipes you're still getting mega shit on the paper, it's shower time.

jeffdachef is online now I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannotech View Post
    Made in China is different than designed/engineered/built in China
    And of course they ship the worst of the worst to the US. Have you ever been to china? They keep all the good legit **** for themselves and never planned on shipping it out internationally. Fking wankers, all of them in the mainland.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

Imerino is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

don't know if I mentioned but it's a 2007 scion tc. Also I purchased two Bazooka Tubes from a local dude selling on craigslist both of them work one is a 10inch and one is a 8inch, I am planning on installing the 8inch model into my trunk because I just like the way it sits more and has a built in amp which I still don't know if the amp works on it though :/

The Radio Arrived today everyone! Love love love the way it looks out the box. (Pioneer AVX-X1500)

Considering I mentioned the Bazooka box I am not looking to rattle my car by any means necessary I can not STAND! no offense but can't stand people driving down the street and all you hear is a rumble coming from the car - this is also another reason im doing the 8 instead of the 10. It looks like the Bazooka original speakers came with it because I took apart the 8" and it wasn't a brand on it, said void if tags were removed so I think it's all original, I was thinking about getting a new 8" sub but me and a friend did test out the speaker and it worked fine. I can not wait to install everything I am very happy to have all the parts finally here for this project.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so thought i would give an update of the Pioneer unit that I installed, the unit looks awesome been using it for about a week or two now and i love it. I also did some work to my lights of the car all exterior but that's another story.

So I bought a double din unit off of eBay...-rd.jpgSo I bought a double din unit off of eBay...-rd2.jpgSo I bought a double din unit off of eBay...-rd3.jpgSo I bought a double din unit off of eBay...-rd4.jpg

and this piece which i was reviewing well looking at reviews for a long time I thought i would connect the power source to the usb port in the back of the pioneer to power the unit and have a extension for the aux port insert and i ran those two cables to my glove box in case i ever needed to trouble shoot the device and it works amazingly, i can now stream any song on my phone or Pandora through bluetooth well the radio is on AUX but device bluetooth.

So I bought a double din unit off of eBay...-wi.jpg

naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Imerino View Post
    so thought i would give an update of the Pioneer unit that I installed, the unit looks awesome been using it for about a week or two now and i love it. I also did some work to my lights of the car all exterior but that's another story.

Attachment 26545558Attachment 26545559Attachment 26545560Attachment 26545557

and this piece which i was reviewing well looking at reviews for a long time I thought i would connect the power source to the usb port in the back of the pioneer to power the unit and have a extension for the aux port insert and i ran those two cables to my glove box in case i ever needed to trouble shoot the device and it works amazingly, i can now stream any song on my phone or Pandora through bluetooth well the radio is on AUX but device bluetooth.

Attachment 26545561
    this is what i dont understand about trying to get your aux input to work, if you have a smartphone you will never use the aux, on the pioneers you can use the usb with a usb card reader and plug in an sd card, not sure about your limitation but I have an older avic 120bt and it accepts up to 16gb sd cards so i have 2 sd cards one inserted internally and the other one inserted on a card reader which connects to the usb, plus any music i have on my smart phone. I dont use the cd/dvd anymore but you can burn dvd disc with music videos or music and play it also that will give you another 4.7gb or 8gb on double layer.

if using a video for sd cards you will need to reformat your videos after you download so the pioneer will read it.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
    this is what i dont understand about trying to get your aux input to work, if you have a smartphone you will never use the aux, on the pioneers you can use the usb with a usb card reader and plug in an sd card, not sure about your limitation but I have an older avic 120bt and it accepts up to 16gb sd cards so i have 2 sd cards one inserted internally and the other one inserted on a card reader which connects to the usb, plus any music i have on my smart phone. I dont use the cd/dvd anymore but you can burn dvd disc with music videos or music and play it also that will give you another 4.7gb or 8gb on double layer.

if using a video for sd cards you will need to reformat your videos after you download so the pioneer will read it.

good luck
    I use the aux input due to the fact that my HU USB doesn't work with the new iPhones. I bought a bluetooth dongle that hooks into the aux jack, but I can notice a difference in SQ when using bluetooth over aux... Aux jack sounds waaaay better, maybe the dongle was just cheap. It's all just personal preference.

You HAVE to look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

you bought the iphone usb dongle right? and you bought the oem and not a cheap chinese iphone dongle from ebay (i've heard these are hit and miss)

dongle will be better since you will be able to see the video in your double din and will also charge your iphone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

you bought the iphone usb dongle right? and you bought the oem and not a cheap chinese iphone dongle from ebay (i've heard these are hit and miss)

dongle will be better since you will be able to see the video in your double din and will also charge your iphone
    I don't have a double din, I have an olderish Eclipse HU. No OEM bluetooth. I was just saying it's OP's preference to try and use the aux jack because he wanted to. Maybe he doesn't have a smartphone that can hook into the HU, flip phones nowadays have bluetooth

You HAVE to look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jrdnhsnbrg View Post
    I don't have a double din, I have an olderish Eclipse HU. No OEM bluetooth. I was just saying it's OP's preference to try and use the aux jack because he wanted to. Maybe he doesn't have a smartphone that can hook into the HU, flip phones nowadays have bluetooth
    sorry i thought you were the OP who bought a double din

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

sorry i thought you were the OP who bought a double din
    Lol, nope

You HAVE to look.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hmm... ok lol.

anyways anyone interested in those bluetooth receivers from Istream they really do the trick if you could connect it to a power source and plug the cord into the aux insert. I hear a bit of a connection static sort of but nothing that bothers too much. I keep it hidden since I don't like any exposed wires.

As for the Aux port in my armrest it was to do just this that im talking about but once i found out that the pioneer has a usb port that generates juice i gave up trying to use the armrest aux port all together - the whole point was to keep it looking clean and hidden bluetooth receiver to stream anything i want. Needless to say it's a success

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4