Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Amp Tuning Help

Hey I just picked up a system from a friend. I need help tuning it so that I can get the most bass out of it without blowing the sub or breaking the amp. I had the gain set a little too high while messing with it and smelled my sub burning so I want to get it tuned right before using it again. Heres all the information I have.

SUBWOOFER
    12" Kicker L7 Solo-Baric Unknown Year- Red/Silver Logo
    Dual 4 Ohm
    750RMS
    Inside a 2 1/2-3 Foot ported box.

AMP
    Crunch 1400.2 Amp
    1400Watts
    2 Channel

1400Watt x1channel at 4 ohms <-----Can somebody also explain what all this means too please?
    700Watt x2Channel at 2 ohms
    350Watt x2Channel at 4 ohms
    4 Gauge Wiring Kit

HEADUNIT
    Kenwood KDC-138/CR
    Max Output: 50W x 4
    Operating Voltage: 14.4V

Thats all the Information I can find. The headunit came with my truck and I dont wanna spend money on another right now. I dont know a lot about ohms, gain, level, etc so it would help if you can explain it. All the power will go to the sub. The speakers sound fine so Im not going to mess with them. Just need some help asap. Thanks!

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1407 Post(s)

Re: Amp Tuning Help

Ohm's Law
    Do a little reading.Great information on this..Book Mark it for future references needed

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm [email protected] Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1407 Post(s)

How to Set Gains with a DMM
    There is also information on this site to help you as well.SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND,and find information,so you can read, and reread as many times needed to help you

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm [email protected] Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

taylormiller is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    How to Set Gains with a DMM
    There is also information on this site to help you as well.SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND,and find information,so you can read, and reread as many times needed to help you
    I have tried using the DMM but right now the problems Im having is how much voltage I need to set it too. How many ohms is my amp/sub running and can it be changed? The sub says dual voice 4ohm and the amps shows 1400Watts x1 channel @ 4ohms. Is it set right? And if the rms is 750 and peak is 1500, should i run it at 750, 1500, or in the middle? So it would be (Ohms x Watts = Voltage), so would I put 1,2, or 4 ohms in the equation? And for wattage am I putting the rms or peak of the sub or the max wattage of the amp?

Closed Thread