+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Reload Thread: Experience with Stinger

  1. #1
    argenis69's Avatar
    argenis69 is offline SQ Bass Lover



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Icon33 Experience with Stinger

    I need experienced opinions on the battery of Stinger SPP2150 , Is this better than the XS D7500?

    Thank you.



    02 Nissan Maxima
    HU JVC KW-AV61BT.
    Front stage Image Dynamics 6.5 CX62 V2. Rear stage O2 Audio 5 1/4in.
    Cadence Tweeters. KnuKonceptz Rcas and Wiring.
    Kicker Impulse x3i 3-way Active Electronic Crossover(disconnected for now).
    JL Audio 300/4 . Crescendo BC3500D.
    15" Fi Audio SP4 fully loaded in 3.5cu ft flared ported box.
    200 amp HO Alt. One complete +/- run of Knu Ofc 0 gauge with big 3, volt meter inside, biggest acid battery under hood, Battery Isolator. A XS Power D3100 and a Crescendo Logic F-31HP battery in trunk.




  2. #2
    Silver-N-Black's Avatar
    Silver-N-Black is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Experience with Stinger

    Both or solid batt, I ran 2 ody2150 (same as stinger2150) on 5k without any problems.

    Stinger = 100AH $400
    XS = $570

    You might want to look into this Sears.com Same battery as the Odyssey/Stinger for a lot less.

    What are you going to be running?



    Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Bought From : CrazedCat, motley, the727kid, JJones, TheLow, adas, Goindeaf, Reflecting,93dakota

  3. #3
    argenis69's Avatar
    argenis69 is offline SQ Bass Lover

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Experience with Stinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-N-Black View Post
    Both or solid batt, I ran 2 ody2150 (same as stinger2150) on 5k without any problems.

    Stinger = 100AH $400
    XS = $570

    You might want to look into this Sears.com Same battery as the Odyssey/Stinger for a lot less.

    What are you going to be running?

    Which is the one you say is the same as these in sears?

    all my system is on my signature.



    02 Nissan Maxima
    HU JVC KW-AV61BT.
    Front stage Image Dynamics 6.5 CX62 V2. Rear stage O2 Audio 5 1/4in.
    Cadence Tweeters. KnuKonceptz Rcas and Wiring.
    Kicker Impulse x3i 3-way Active Electronic Crossover(disconnected for now).
    JL Audio 300/4 . Crescendo BC3500D.
    15" Fi Audio SP4 fully loaded in 3.5cu ft flared ported box.
    200 amp HO Alt. One complete +/- run of Knu Ofc 0 gauge with big 3, volt meter inside, biggest acid battery under hood, Battery Isolator. A XS Power D3100 and a Crescendo Logic F-31HP battery in trunk.

  4. #4
    Silver-N-Black's Avatar
    Silver-N-Black is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Experience with Stinger

    Quote Originally Posted by argenis69 View Post
    Which is the one you say is the same as these in sears?

    all my system is on my signature.
    DieHard Platinum Marine Battery Group Size 31M

    Sears.com



    Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Bought From : CrazedCat, motley, the727kid, JJones, TheLow, adas, Goindeaf, Reflecting,93dakota

  5. #5
    argenis69's Avatar
    argenis69 is offline SQ Bass Lover

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Experience with Stinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-N-Black View Post
    DieHard Platinum Marine Battery Group Size 31M

    Sears.com
    So, you say that 1 of the DieHard Platinum Marine Battery Group Size 31M , will be as powerful as an XS D7500 ?



    02 Nissan Maxima
    HU JVC KW-AV61BT.
    Front stage Image Dynamics 6.5 CX62 V2. Rear stage O2 Audio 5 1/4in.
    Cadence Tweeters. KnuKonceptz Rcas and Wiring.
    Kicker Impulse x3i 3-way Active Electronic Crossover(disconnected for now).
    JL Audio 300/4 . Crescendo BC3500D.
    15" Fi Audio SP4 fully loaded in 3.5cu ft flared ported box.
    200 amp HO Alt. One complete +/- run of Knu Ofc 0 gauge with big 3, volt meter inside, biggest acid battery under hood, Battery Isolator. A XS Power D3100 and a Crescendo Logic F-31HP battery in trunk.

  6. #6
    CandeShop's Avatar
    CandeShop is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    East Orlando, FL
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Experience with Stinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-N-Black View Post

    You might want to look into this Sears.com Same battery as the Odyssey/Stinger for a lot less.
    Wrong just because they have the same case doesn't mean its the same battery. Different grade materials can make a difference. That's like saying every company that has xenon built amps are comparable to sundown because they are "same"

    Quote Originally Posted by argenis69 View Post
    So, you say that 1 of the DieHard Platinum Marine Battery Group Size 31M , will be as powerful as an XS D7500 ?
    No not even close. D7500 has only a few that could come close to keeping up (kinetik 3800 and cactus cs9000 and good luck finding the cactus)




  7. #7
    Silver-N-Black's Avatar
    Silver-N-Black is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Experience with Stinger

    Quote Originally Posted by CandeShop View Post
    Wrong just because they have the same case doesn't mean its the same battery. Different grade materials can make a difference. That's like saying every company that has xenon built amps are comparable to sundown because they are "same"



    No not even close. D7500 has only one competition cactus cs9000 and good luck finding one.
    Never said 1 will be the same as D7500. Only thing close to a D7500 is a D7500, but for the price you could get more Diehard batt if you chose to go that route.



    Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Bought From : CrazedCat, motley, the727kid, JJones, TheLow, adas, Goindeaf, Reflecting,93dakota

  8. #8
    CandeShop's Avatar
    CandeShop is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    East Orlando, FL
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Experience with Stinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-N-Black View Post
    Never said 1 will be the same as D7500. Only thing close to a D7500 is a D7500, but for the price you could get more Diehard batt if you chose to go that route.
    No you said the diehard battery is the same as an odyssey/stinger. Hence why I said just because they have the same casing doesn't make them equal. There are many different grades of lead.




  9. #9
    Silver-N-Black's Avatar
    Silver-N-Black is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Experience with Stinger

    Quote Originally Posted by CandeShop View Post
    No you said the diehard battery is the same as an odyssey/stinger. Hence why I said just because they have the same casing doesn't make them equal. There are many different grades of lead.
    Can you please share those number with us?



    Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Bought From : CrazedCat, motley, the727kid, JJones, TheLow, adas, Goindeaf, Reflecting,93dakota

  10. #10
    CandeShop's Avatar
    CandeShop is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    East Orlando, FL
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Experience with Stinger

    Quote Originally Posted by argenis69 View Post
    I need experienced opinions on the battery of Stinger SPP2150 , Is this better than the XS D7500?

    Thank you.
    While the stinger's are great batteries (if you know how to maintain your batteries as your alt doesn't fully charge) they aren't comparable to the d7500. Closer comparison would be 2150 vs a d3100 where I believe the d3100 still prevails.




  11. #11
    CandeShop's Avatar
    CandeShop is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    East Orlando, FL
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Re: Experience with Stinger

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-N-Black View Post
    Can you please share those number with us?
    Numbers? Continue to stay misinformed. Not all batteries are created equal just because they leave the same plant.

    Did you know that hawker/odyssey/stinger/die hard all use the same casing...Manufactured by Enersys, but sold to the manufacturers (who slap their stickers on them) at different price points. Those price points are according to the quality of the materials used to manufacture, quantity ordered, logistics of transport. Go to a manufacturing plant some time and be lucky enough to have some questions answered. Not all products that leave a plant are created equal even if they look similar.




  12. #12
    argenis69's Avatar
    argenis69 is offline SQ Bass Lover

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Experience with Stinger

    Thanks guys.



    02 Nissan Maxima
    HU JVC KW-AV61BT.
    Front stage Image Dynamics 6.5 CX62 V2. Rear stage O2 Audio 5 1/4in.
    Cadence Tweeters. KnuKonceptz Rcas and Wiring.
    Kicker Impulse x3i 3-way Active Electronic Crossover(disconnected for now).
    JL Audio 300/4 . Crescendo BC3500D.
    15" Fi Audio SP4 fully loaded in 3.5cu ft flared ported box.
    200 amp HO Alt. One complete +/- run of Knu Ofc 0 gauge with big 3, volt meter inside, biggest acid battery under hood, Battery Isolator. A XS Power D3100 and a Crescendo Logic F-31HP battery in trunk.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone got any experience with Stinger SGJ78 fans?
    By JarvisB in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 01:02 AM
  2. So you are waffling between Best Buy install or DIY ? My recent experience with them
    By ChefJoe in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 10:31 PM
  3. Anyoen had any experience with Legacy or Lanzar amps?
    By Emohnke in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 01:12 PM
  4. My first experience with Peel & Seal as an FYI......
    By RobWiz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2003, 04:48 PM
  5. Experience with Hi-Amp Alternators
    By Diabolic in forum Car Interior/Exterior Enhancements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum