Hey guys - looking for a little help solving an electrical issue
About 4 weeks ago my car's audio stopped suddenly stopped playing music (no power to speakers at all). I pulled some fuses, they all looked good, put em back in and... boom.. the sound was back....
Well it happened again about 1 week ago. I tried the same thing again but it didn't work this time. Later that day, after the car sat out in the hot Texas sun, the sound came back... for the last time...
Heres what I know:
- I cannot tell if the Stock amp is on or off, but the aftermarket amp is completely off.
- The Radio turns on and performs as it normally would (without sound obv.)
- All fuses in the engine compartment are good.
- All Amplifier fuses are good - Aftermarket amp and Stock amp.
- Inspection of HU Harness and Amp wires with disconnection/reconnection did not help.
- Battery disconnection did not help.
- I find it strange that the Aftermarket AMP would be dead since it really should only need a 1. Remote, 2. P+, and 3. N- right?. I just realized that the Remote connection for both amps comes from the same source: the power out from the HU. Could this be the cause?
- Could a bad ground for the aftermarket amp cause all these issues?
- Also, if a neg and pos speaker wire were to make contact or a positive to contact the grounded car, would it also cause these symptoms - including the aftermarket amp being dead?
Ive had this setup in my Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 for about 4 years with no issues up until now - 6 speakers w/ JL 13.5 shallow mount
Thanks tons for the help,