Closed Thread

Reload Thread: component speakers in the rear deck?

sylencce is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 component speakers in the rear deck?

I'm getting mixed input on whether or not to put in component speakers in my rear deck.... i'm not getting the performance out of 3 ways that i'm using... and a new component set has come out that i'm really impressed with... what is anyone's thoughts on what's best for the rear deck???

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I personally like to put coaxils in the rear and components up front. I think you get a stronger sound stage that way.

I am going to add some tweets to my dash along with the coaxils that are already in my doors.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

sylencce is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32

What i'm running already is a kenwood head, 40w x 4, boston acoustic tweeters in the doors above polk audio 3 ways 6 1/2's... i'm changing those out to the boston midranges... i've got the polk's also in the back... i've got sony's last years surf board 800 w, pushing everything, including 2 JLaudio 10" w6's.... i've always used 3 ways for the read deck and have never had a problem.... but they've always been 6x9's never 6 1/2's.... and i don't want to cut it to fit the 6x9's.... i'm still not sure what i'm going to do but the new component system out is alpin'es spr-176A... and they are smoking.... the clarity is unbelievable.... thanks for your input!!...

later

0-60 in less than 7 seconds - $20,000
    descent sound system with bass - $2000
    not hearing the rest of the world because you're moving too fast and the radio is too loud - PRICESLESS

Closed Thread