+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: New member serious questions!!!

oleblue27 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

New member serious questions!!!

Whats up guys! I just purchased the DD M4 from a fellow forumer and am now in search of a couple subs to run with it. Im leaning toward the new SoundQubed HDC415-D1-A woofer.

I already purchased a XS Power d3400 for under the hood that is rated at 65ah. If I am going to be running at a daily 5000-6000w (along with 1000w 4-chan) rms at 1 ohm. 90% of listening will be either while driving or while at idle. I will be purchasing a mechman 320amp alt soon too with 2 runs of 1/0 gauge wire. Question is, what other battery(s) should I buy to pair with the d4800 to power the system? I've heard having a bigger size battery in the back will make the batts not last as long.. Is this true?
    Last edited by oleblue27; 09-18-2013 at 04:10 AM. Reason: changed info

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: New member serious questions!!!

no one chiming in yet? hmmm weird! lol.

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oleblue27 View Post
    It's too early dude... I'm more of a SQ guy and I run maybe 500-600 watts tops so I'm not the one to answer you questions. Bump this up a little later and you'll get a good response. And you never know, with 115k members someone might chime in.

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

You're gonna want at least one 100+Ah (Group 31 or bigger) battery in the back. You're probably gonna want 2 or 3, depending on how much you care about your voltage. And make sure you have solid grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I would get 2 xs3100 if ur stuck on xs ..if.u wana save over half go to sams and get 2 duracell agm g31s about 170 each and 100ah...i run a 5krms system and have a 55ah under the hood.and 2 100ah in the back with 4 runs of 1/0 and a mechman 240 i drop from 14.8-14.2 full tilt ..just for reference

NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

And i would bump from 2 runs to 4 if.i were u

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well th biggest battery I can fit up front is the d3400 which is on the way. Should I be purchasing the same battery or am I fine to go with more powerful ones for the back? What would you guys recommend for the back? And does 4 runs consist of 4 power or 2 power 2 ground?

jrdnhsnbrg is offline Pimped my grandma's ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I've never worked with that much power before but I assume they mean 4 runs of power. Rarely would you see someone running grounds from up front. I also assume that as long as you have all AGM batteries they can be different sizes/strengths and be fine, but I'd wait for a pro to chime in and either confirm or deny me.

bgowdy31 is online now I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jrdnhsnbrg View Post
    I've never worked with that much power before but I assume they mean 4 runs of power. Rarely would you see someone running grounds from up front. I also assume that as long as you have all AGM batteries they can be different sizes/strengths and be fine, but I'd wait for a pro to chime in and either confirm or deny me.
    Actually they are refering to running 4 runs total, being 2 full positive runs and 2 full ground runs. Trust me it does help. Thats how my truck is run and just doing this gained me .5 volts at full tilt on the voltmeter i have ran to the amp terminals. Also this was tested with a DMM while subs playing at full tilt, before i added the extra and then again after i added them.

it was tested with my previous amp which was a Crescendo BC3500, i was dropping to 13.1 @ full tilt with it, i added the extra powers and grounds and now at full tilt i stay above 13.6v. I dont drop voltage now peiod because i have a smaller amp right now lol

MY RIDE- 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE (BEST SCORE 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELEC)
    2 SQ SDC2.5-15'S ~ 8 CUBES ~ 12" AERO @ 40HZ ~ SHARK 2500 @ 1OHM(2 LATER)
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ 4 RUNS OF 1/0(2+/2-)

WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG
    1 KICKER L7 15 ~ 5.6 CUBE @ 38HZ ~ KICKER ZX1000.1 @ 2 OHM
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK BATTERY ~ ONLY 6GA POWER WIRE

2010 FCBC 450SD 3RD OVERALL~2011 FCBC 450SD CHAMPION~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgowdy31 View Post
    Actually they are refering to running 4 runs total, being 2 full positive runs and 2 full ground runs. Trust me it does help. Thats how my truck is run and just doing this gained me .5 volts at full tilt on the voltmeter i have ran to the amp terminals. Also this was tested with a DMM while subs playing at full tilt, before i added the extra and then again after i added them.

it was tested with my previous amp which was a Crescendo BC3500, i was dropping to 13.1 @ full tilt with it, i added the extra powers and grounds and now at full tilt i stay above 13.6v. I dont drop voltage now peiod because i have a smaller amp right now lol

Okay thats what i was going to run anyway cause the dd m4 amp i just bought has 2 power and 2 ground inputs. How would I go upon wiring everything up? Im getting confused now...

According to the XS website (2) d3400's will be enogh for my system, i will be running between 4000-5000w rms. I will be running probably about 1000w rms on a 4 channel too.

Would I run 2 power wire from front to back battery then from the back to the amp and same with negative? How does that work?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Okay thats what i was going to run anyway cause the dd m4 amp i just bought has 2 power and 2 ground inputs. How would I go upon wiring everything up? Im getting confused now...

According to the XS website (2) d3400's will be enogh for my system, i will be running between 4000-5000w rms. I will be running probably about 1000w rms on a 4 channel too.

Would I run 2 power wire from front to back battery then from the back to the amp and same with negative? How does that work?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

ok so to hook it up you start by running the 2 power wires from the front positive battery terminal to the "First batteries postive terminal. Then do the same for the grounds, except of course they go from the front negative terminal post to the "firsts batterys negative terminal post.

Then you need to connect the 2 back batts together which all you would do is connect the first batteries positive terminal to the 2nd batts positve, and do the same for the ground terminals.

then of the 2nd battery in back run 2 power wires from the positive terminal to the positive inputs on the DD m4 amp. Then do the same thing for grounds.

To hook up the 4 channel do the same thing as above with the M4 except you would only need 1 positive and 1 negative from the 2nd batt

MY RIDE- 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE (BEST SCORE 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELEC)

2010 FCBC 450SD 3RD OVERALL~2011 FCBC 450SD CHAMPION~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

ok so to hook it up you start by running the 2 power wires from the front positive battery terminal to the "First batteries postive terminal. Then do the same for the grounds, except of course they go from the front negative terminal post to the "firsts batterys negative terminal post.

Then you need to connect the 2 back batts together which all you would do is connect the first batteries positive terminal to the 2nd batts positve, and do the same for the ground terminals.

then of the 2nd battery in back run 2 power wires from the positive terminal to the positive inputs on the DD m4 amp. Then do the same thing for grounds.

To hook up the 4 channel do the same thing as above with the M4 except you would only need 1 positive and 1 negative from the 2nd batt

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

i hope that helps lol

15. Thanks oleblue27 thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

i hope that helps lol
    It does! thanks a lot man. One other question... I am going to be purchasing a 320a mechman alt. How should I fuse the wire between the alt and battery +? I was told by mechman that I stack fuses in parallel. Does that mean run 2 wire from alt to battery + with a 200a anl fuse in each wire?

And about the batteries.. if im only running 6000w rms wouldnt i be fine with (1) xs d3400 in front and (2) xs d3400's in the back?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast