+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: 0g power wire appears burnt looking at both ends

jbl420 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0g power wire appears burnt looking at both ends

I don't know what is going on but I installed a qpower kit and I notice last week the fuse block was all melted looking and one of the metal blocks was melted sideways to the plastic holder the end that comes from the battery and goes into the block was melted and black.

I cut some of the wire off clean and cleaned up the terminals and sanded off the fuse and the 2 screws and figured id reinstall for now till I could get another fuse block.

Well a week later yesterday I turned up the volume to maybe 20 on the unit and the amps would cut out no sound. I originally thought it was a loose speaker wire so I repaired the connection.

still yesterday I notice this so today I pop my hood the wire up front don't appear burnt again I head to the cap and amps and I notice the cap is blinking 0.0 so im thinking somehow the cap lost its charge when I took the wires apart last week idk.

So im thinking I need to recharge the cap so I take off the power wire and I notice it looks alil burnt on the cap end what is going on???

I run a kenwood mono 1000w on 2 subs and a sony xplode 600w 4ch on the doors and my amps got 4g wires going from the cap to them and also my headlights don't flicker

05pontiac08 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 0g power wire appears burnt looking at both ends

the cap will charge when you put the power wire on. so if it was hooked up it should have been charged. you check the fuse under the hood?

1 12" HDC3 2.5Cu. Ft. 33hz
    PPI BK1800.1D
    Big 3 done in Execution audio 0/1 OFC , Audio Technix over sized CCA 0/1 front to back
    Stock h.u with (L.O.C. )and monsoon speakers inside for the moment.
    Stock 125 alt

Sold to @keep_hope_alive
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=98civic08&ftab= AllFeedback

CrossoverOre is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my guess is whatever caused the meltdown in the first place is still causing problems. make sure all connections are tight and solid. make sure grounds have not come loose. might want to consider loosing the cap or have it checked out to make sure its not the problem.

jrdnhsnbrg is offline Pimped my grandma's ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ditch the cap, buy a battery. I love my XS Power D680, it's tiny and weighs less than 20 lbs.

jbl420 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if I was to buy that battery would I use it as a second battery or could I use it to start aswell???.

Also I removed the fuse hooked everything back up to the after checking the big bolts on the cap I then used a lightbulb andtouched one wire to one end of the fuse block and the other end to the other side of the fuse block and the light did not go out it stayed lit.

The cap I have is a 500k scorshe btw. only thing I can remember about it is that some drunk guy grabbed it from my table when I first got it and thought it was a beer and was slamming it on the table a few times and trying to like drink out of it and twist the top[ plastic part off I grabbed it from the guy at some point.

Don't know if that might have damaged the capbut it would like to fix this

robert420 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

replace the cap with an agm battery. so you will be running 2. then ground the battery to the chassis. then run a 0g wire from the 2nd battery to the amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

You will basically just put the battery in place of the cap, you just need to put a fuse within 18 inches of each positive wire coming from the battery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

And yes it will tie into the charging/starting system, I got an oil change at a local dealership yesterday and they did an electrical test. It said the rated CCA of my battery was 550 but the test showed 930, because I have a secondary battery in the trunk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jrdnhsnbrg View Post
    You will basically just put the battery in place of the cap, you just need to put a fuse within 18 inches of each positive wire coming from the battery.
    actually its 6-12 inches

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

that qpower wire may not be any good, i run it too though, but only on 1500w and a battery in the back. I do not use qpower fuse bolders however.

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robert420 View Post
    actually its 6-12 inches
    The difference between 6-12 inches and 18 inches is negligible as long as there's no risk of the wire shorting between the fuse and the battery, not to mention it's not possible in all cars to have a fuse that close. It's not in my car, due to the fact that I have to loop my power wire down the side and around the back of my battery by the air filter box and then finally had enough room for a fuse. It is completely surrounded by plastic so there is no risk of shorting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well it works for my car. mines about 8 inches away from the battery. it is also surrounded by a plastic cover

+ Reply to Thread