+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine harness compatibility?

jdminpdx is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine harness compatibility?

**Sorry for posting this in the wrong place***

Hello everyone. New guy here.

I picked up an open box IVE-W535HD for 280.00 and I will be replacing a CDA-9851 radio. From what I understand the existing harness (from the 9851) will be compatable with the IVE-W535HD and should be plug and play. I do not have anything fancy such as backup camera, amps, subs, etc. Is this correct? Most of the shops in my area want 300+ to install the radio in my Trailblazer and I would much rather do it myself (I can and I am able). I was just curious if it was as simple as my friend thinks and will be just a plug and play situation.

I looked up online pictures of both harnesses and they look identical minus a few extra "optional" wires (on the IVE-W535HD harness).

Thanks for your input guys!

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Re: Alpine harness compatibility?

yep, the main difference will be the parking brake wire which allows you to watch the screen when the vehicle is parked. if you want to take control of the parking brake wire, you will need to swap the harness or add that wire into the existing 9851 harness. since the new harness is different with the 9851 (given it has extra wires), i recommend just swapping the two.

if you can solder and heat shrink the harnesses, that is your best bet. luckily, this should be able to be done inside at a comfortable spot if they used proper vehicle harness adapters.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

3. Thanks jdminpdx thanked for this post
    Likes jdminpdx liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you very much keep_hope_alive!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went ahead and swapped out the harness. The install was quite easy. However I initially tucked away the parking break and foot break wire thinking I did not need them. I have no interest in watching DVD's while in my car. Either way I now see that the radio will not let me in the settings. I cannot change ANYTHING and this is quite an inconvenience.

I am currently left with 2 wires, a yellow and black one (foot brake) and yellow and blue (parking break). I called best buy to see if they had a microbypass and the installer had no idea what I was talking about...not surprising.

My friend stopped by while and knows a little bit about these things and mentioned something about going to radio shack and just buying a "switch" but that is all he left me with since he was headed out with his wife.

Do you know what he was talking about? If I can save 20 bucks and get a cheap switch from radio shack that would be helpful.

Thanks guys.

CrossoverOre is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you can get a toggle switch and a valet switch (momentary switch)
    one side of toggle to gnd other side to yellow/blue
    one side of valet to 12v and other side to yellow/black
    that will allow you to do what I call the dance. hold the valet in while toggling on off and on again then release the valet.
    or if you want it automatically done pac tr7 does it for and comes defaulted for alpine bypass.

CrossoverOre is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

fyi lots of setting options will not be available without connecting those wires and doing the dance.

+ Reply to Thread