Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

having issues finding the power i need from my amps

Me and a buddy nate skow a member on here did some testing monday and thursday, im running 2 re audio ztx 5000.1s on 2 treo ssx 15s and running basic 3 in midwest spl (a 2000 watt amd under class). Anyhow with the testing we did on the mic monday my most efficient number i did was a 147 @ 47hz on just under 1400 watts. Between monday and thursday i upgraded my speaker wire from 14 ga to 8 ga and on thursday we tested again to hope for more wattage gain and needless to say i still did a 147 @ 47hz but with a 1081 watts, im kinda at a loss and cluesless here. We set the gains with a multimeter and set them to 50 volts and used a clamp, when everything is hooked up im getting 47 volts and 27 amps, my impendance rise is 2.08 and my batteries aint dropping below 12.4 v. Im running 0 gauge wire, 8 gauge speaker wire, correct fuses, got 2 duralast platinums group 65s and the stock battery, i do not have an upgraded alt yet but even still with my voltage drop i should still be able to get 2000 watts outta those amps, my head unit is 4 volts.
    If anyone can chime in and help me with my issue trying to find the rest of my power would be appreciated, also my amps are rated at 2500x1 @ 14v

car audio refs: sixthfloorfreak, dohcrazy, btnhfan, southwest713, sbcaprice305, boolean, dubrx, savagem3,expo5.0,revots,louisiana_CRX,BUDdHOLLY,te chking08,redeldog1,ezekial130,dwancha,bobby32
    carsound: 03srt4, playa1
    sounddomain: chester rodgers
    ebay: midwestcustoms3 = 100%

HU - alpine
    componets - diamond audio m6 6.5's
    componet amp - undecided (most likely dd)
    subs - (4) treo ssx 15.22
    sub amps - (4) dd m3

jrdnhsnbrg is offline Pimped my grandma's ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    651 Post(s)

Re: having issues finding the power i need from my amps

Does each amp have its own 0 gauge power runs? What are you running for an alternator(s) and batteries? It might be that it just doesn't have the oomf to supply that much power, you know?
    EDIT
    Just completely read the post. If you want more than 1000-1500W you're gonna have to upgrade your alternator and front battery, as I said it is probably physically unable to give you 2000W.

midwestcustoms3 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: having issues finding the power i need from my amps

Well i thought about that but the guy who was helping me said it should pull the 2000 with no problem and then why on monday when i tested and was running 14 ga speaker wire it was doin almost 1400 watts @ 47hz and then i upgraded my wire to 8 ga and then drop to a 1081 watts. I mean im happy with the results cuz in my eyes its more efficient now at the same hz with less power doin the same number. At 35hz im pulling a lil over 1800 watts, im gonna upgrade my alt but cant do it till tax time and hopefully that will take care of my problem cuz theres so much more potential there and should be able and hope to get over a 50

car audio refs: sixthfloorfreak, dohcrazy, btnhfan, southwest713, sbcaprice305, boolean, dubrx, savagem3,expo5.0,revots,louisiana_CRX,BUDdHOLLY,te chking08,redeldog1,ezekial130,dwancha,bobby32
    carsound: 03srt4, playa1
    sounddomain: chester rodgers
    ebay: midwestcustoms3 = 100%

HU - alpine
    componets - diamond audio m6 6.5's
    componet amp - undecided (most likely dd)
    subs - (4) treo ssx 15.22
    sub amps - (4) dd m3

Closed Thread