Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Icon6 Alternator question

I have a 2011 CC chevy. I put alpine type R comps and coax in. A pioneer hu and I'm about to put in my amps and subs. They are a Hifonics Brutus 640.4 and a 1600.1 and 2 Sundown sd2-12s. I've never messed with H.O. Alts before and don't know how big of one to get for this set up. Would a 200 do it? Or do I need a 250-270? Also I have a headache rack I built for my truck with 4 extra taillights in it and currently get a small dim/blink when I hit my brakes. I was gonna get a new batt also. Maybe a yellow top, but one guy told me to get a red top instead. Why? Could I also get away without doing a big 3 as some people have said it doesn't help that much or actually hurt them? Thanks in advance!!!

Nutdawg651 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    406 Post(s)

Re: Alternator question

270 - 300 amp alt will do you fine as your amps are gonna run 200 amps alone and your ride will ask for 60% draw itself , your gonna wanna grab a yellow top it's build for extra accessories the red top is just a starter battery you'll end up having to buy a new one over time if you use that I advise you not to even run your system until you get the upgrades if you wanna do the big 3 it's up to you it helps out a lot to have that added current flow but you won't need it right away as long as your electrical is up to par

Nutdawg651 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    406 Post(s)

Go to bcae1.com down the right side click on number 42 read both charging system basics and upgraded charging system

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1824 Post(s)

You don't need a bigger alt. Get a new AGM battery under your hood, the biggest you can fit. You may need one in the back as well, but still cheaper than a new alt. IF you get a new alt anyway, get the biggest you can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Closed Thread