My amplifier overheats when I have it bridged to my Rampage subs. The subs are 2 12" in a sealed box. The amplifier itself is a 4 channel and has two 25 amp fuses, so about 500 watt RMS right? I think the max on the amplifier is 1600 watts it said? The subs are 1200 max. When the subs are hooked up to two separate channels the amp is fine and stays cool, but when I bridge it, the amp excessively overheats to where it burns to touch. I took it to Autozone and an employee looked at it and said that my power wire was not a big enough gauge for my amp and that I should at least have 4 gauge. Right now I have 6 or 8 gauge. Wouldn't having too small of a guaged power wire result in just a poor performance from the amplifier or overheating in the wire and not the amplifier? The wire is not overheating, just the amplifier when it is bridged. While bridged, the quality from the Sub is great, but it just overheats and I'm not sure what the problem is.