Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Question about wiring 2 amps that have different gauge pwr/gnd

gamehawk55 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question about wiring 2 amps that have different gauge pwr/gnd

Hey guys,

Quick question. I'm going to be switching to a 2 amp setup. An AQ 200.2 for the mids and a RF T2500-1BDCP for the subs. Question is what is going to be the best way to wire these amps considering the AQ takes 4 gauge and the RF takes 1/0 Gauge? I currently have 1/0 gauge ran from the battery to the back + BIG3 in 1/0 gauge done as well.

Could I use a 0AWG T-block to branch 0 Gauge to the T2500 off one side and use the other side of the T-block to branch to a 0AWG distribution block to shrink down to 4AWG for the AQ amp? Or would that not be wise?

The T2500 is still on order so probably wont be getting both in until around the end of the month, but just want to make sure I do everything the right way.

Vehicle: 2007 Pontiac G6 GT
    Head Unit: Kenwood DDX419
    Speakers: Focal PS165 Components
    Distribution: Knukonceptz KNF-60 Power/Ground Distribution block
    Amps: Audioque 200.2, Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BDCP
    Subs: 2 SA-8v2 D2 wired @2ohms in custom ported box tuned to 34-35hz
    Wiring: All 1/0 Gauge SHOK Wire and Knukonceptz wire + BIG 3
    Alternator: Singer 310A 6 Phase High Output Alternator

tommydh is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Question about wiring 2 amps that have different gauge pwr/gnd

That would work I use fused distrobution blocks when possible. I have 1/0 in to 2 outs that use anl fuses. If you found something like that you could reduce cost by using 1 less block

Pioneer DEH 80 PRS
    1 Sundown SD-2 10,
    Kicker SS56.2 components.(Soon to be changed out) Anyone with a set of these or maybe a single mid I'm looking
    Rockford Fosgate T-1000.1bd
    Pioneer GM6400f

I am DH Audio.,
    This isn't baseball I'm the original DH Richard Ctranium

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tommydh View Post
    That would work I use fused distrobution blocks when possible. I have 1/0 in to 2 outs that use anl fuses. If you found something like that you could reduce cost by using 1 less block
    Except I've never seen a fused distro block that takes a single 0awg in and also has 0awg out. Its always 0 in and 2x4 out. Hence why I was thinking of using a T-block for the 0awg. Unless you can find me a single block that will allow me to use 0awg on one amp and 4awg on the other. Cuz personally i havent seen one like that.

NIHL8ION is offline RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gamehawk55 View Post
    Except I've never seen a fused distro block that takes a single 0awg in and also has 0awg out. Its always 0 in and 2x4 out. Hence why I was thinking of using a T-block for the 0awg. Unless you can find me a single block that will allow me to use 0awg on one amp and 4awg on the other. Cuz personally i havent seen one like that.
    I have a Fused distro block that has 0/1 or 4 in and multiple 0/1 or 4 outs... It can also be used as a 2 way power AND ground distro block using solid links on 1 side and fuses on the other - VERY NICE, I love these things, you can also link them endlessly...
    Link: Knukonceptz product detail for KONFUSED 2/3/4 WAY DISTRIBUTION POWER & GROUND BLOCK

- Cadence DCA2500.1 Running a Tantric HDD - 12" D2
    *Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*
    Feedback Link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1028333

5. Thanks gamehawk55 thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NIHL8ION View Post
    I have a Fused distro block that has 0/1 or 4 in and multiple 0/1 or 4 outs... It can also be used as a 2 way power AND ground distro block using solid links on 1 side and fuses on the other - VERY NICE, I love these things, you can also link them endlessly...
    Link: Knukonceptz product detail for KONFUSED 2/3/4 WAY DISTRIBUTION POWER & GROUND BLOCK
    OK that is just freakin AWESOME. Never seen that block before or any other one like it. And price is perfect considering what your getting plus them including whatever fuses you want with it as well. I think I will definitely have to pick one of those up. Thanks a lot for showing me that. Going to make my life a lot easier in the long run.

Quick question though. Do u have to buy different ones for different configurations or is it just one product and u would just have to order more fuses/links in order to change the config?

NIHL8ION is offline RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

OK that is just freakin AWESOME. Never seen that block before or any other one like it. And price is perfect considering what your getting plus them including whatever fuses you want with it as well. I think I will definitely have to pick one of those up. Thanks a lot for showing me that. Going to make my life a lot easier in the long run.

Quick question though. Do u have to buy different ones for different configurations or is it just one product and u would just have to order more fuses/links in order to change the config?
    You pick the config you want before you add it to your cart to purchase it I ordered my 1st one as the 2 way power and ground & it came with 4 fuses / 4 solid links & 2 - 4 gauge reducers (They are pretty slick compression terminals - default size is 1/0 on them all) I'm running my power and ground through it right now in 1 nice lil compact clean looking block, but I also have a second one I'm going to link as a 4 way fused... You can buy more reducers, fuses, & links if need be from them as well if you hit them up about it so YES you can configure these any way you like... The wiring possibilities & flexibility of these is just awesome... Plus they look pretty d@mn slick too

- Cadence DCA2500.1 Running a Tantric HDD - 12" D2
    *Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*
    Feedback Link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1028333

8. Thanks gamehawk55 thanked for this post
    tommydh is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mine was supposedly 1/0 in 2 4 out but being very careful Iwas able to fit a 1/0 in the term or you could get reducers. I have seen Knu has ones that has 3 1/0 in and multiple4 out thats your t and fused distro in one. IMO from experience both in Commercial and Industrial electrical and mobile audio The least amount of terminations is best.

Pioneer DEH 80 PRS
    1 Sundown SD-2 10,
    Kicker SS56.2 components.(Soon to be changed out) Anyone with a set of these or maybe a single mid I'm looking
    Rockford Fosgate T-1000.1bd
    Pioneer GM6400f

I am DH Audio.,
    This isn't baseball I'm the original DH Richard Ctranium

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tommydh View Post
    Mine was supposedly 1/0 in 2 4 out but being very careful Iwas able to fit a 1/0 in the term or you could get reducers. I have seen Knu has ones that has 3 1/0 in and multiple4 out thats your t and fused distro in one. IMO from experience both in Commercial and Industrial electrical and mobile audio The least amount of terminations is best.
    I plan on getting the Knu KNF-60 that NIHL8ION showed me. That thing is exactly what I've been looking for. I had a local shop here order me a 1/0 in 2x4 out over a week ago (he said it would be 1-2 days MAX) and it still hasn't showed up. Those fu**ers don't even answer their phones 99% of the time. So I'm saying pi** on em and I'm gonna order the Knu myself. If anybody is ever in Victoria, BC Canada or lives here, stay the "F" away from Elevated Audio Video. Worst customer service EVER.

Closed Thread