Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 54 of 54

Reload Thread: HELP! what do i need...

  1. #46
    Jerhemy's Avatar
    Jerhemy is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    1,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: HELP! what do i need...

    Quote Originally Posted by basswiigee View Post
    kinda figured
    but your power wire from battery + to amp is going to be stupid short, so there's a trade off for ya.

    It's really not all that hard to run wires yourself. take some time and dig for a youtube or well written tutorial on removing the interior panels you'd need to take off and where to run the wires through. Great chance to learn more about the hobby and your car, too. Not to mention it feels great installing your own shizz.

    ---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by juanmgarza26 View Post
    this op
    x3



    In the process of being installed:
    (2) DC-Level 3's
    Kicker ZX2500.1
    (2) Kinetik 2400
    Optima YT under the hood
    240amp Mechman alt
    Big Three in 1/0 Monster
    4 Runs Knu KCA 1/0 front to back
    8" Aero by Psychoacoustics
    2008 Volkswagen Jetta S

  2. Thanks basswiigee thanked for this post



  3. #47
    basswiigee's Avatar
    basswiigee is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    3,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

    Re: HELP! what do i need...

    yeah, i know, im gonna do it, just trying to figure it all out!
    thanks...




  4. #48
    Jerhemy's Avatar
    Jerhemy is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    1,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: HELP! what do i need...

    Quote Originally Posted by basswiigee View Post
    yeah, i know, im gonna do it, just trying to figure it all out!
    thanks...
    there is definitely a lot more to it than most people think when planning out their first system(s).

    Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help, man. Tons of excellent information out there on this site and others, just takes time to search it out and read it.



    In the process of being installed:
    (2) DC-Level 3's
    Kicker ZX2500.1
    (2) Kinetik 2400
    Optima YT under the hood
    240amp Mechman alt
    Big Three in 1/0 Monster
    4 Runs Knu KCA 1/0 front to back
    8" Aero by Psychoacoustics
    2008 Volkswagen Jetta S

  5. Thanks basswiigee thanked for this post
  6. #49
    jasonbillnelson's Avatar
    jasonbillnelson is offline LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!



    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Andrews AFB, MD
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: HELP! what do i need...

    Look up Audio Technix 0 ga wire as well. I have a couple of their Amp kits and I like them! The hardest part about running your 0ga wire will be going through the firewall into the engine bay. If you're lucky and the alt is on the driver side, you might be able to get through a rubber grommet thats already there. If the alt is on the passenger side then you'll have to drill a hole, install a grommet, and run the wire through it to get to the alt.

    Either that or drill a hole through the trunk, install grommet, and secure the crap out of the wire all the way up to the alt under the body of the car. I wouldn't do that unless my car was primarily a competition car and rarely driven. I don't like the idea of electrical on the undercarriage, but it is an option.



    SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

    Bought from sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    **PBnation**http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=382280 --**eBay**search jasonbillnelson, 104 positive-0 negative[
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: 0ga CCA --Shuriken BT-80 up front and Shuriken BT-35 secondary

  7. Thanks basswiigee thanked for this post
  8. #50
    basswiigee's Avatar
    basswiigee is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    3,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

    Re: HELP! what do i need...

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbillnelson View Post
    Look up Audio Technix 0 ga wire as well. I have a couple of their Amp kits and I like them! The hardest part about running your 0ga wire will be going through the firewall into the engine bay. If you're lucky and the alt is on the driver side, you might be able to get through a rubber grommet thats already there. If the alt is on the passenger side then you'll have to drill a hole, install a grommet, and run the wire through it to get to the alt.

    Either that or drill a hole through the trunk, install grommet, and secure the crap out of the wire all the way up to the alt under the body of the car. I wouldn't do that unless my car was primarily a competition car and rarely driven. I don't like the idea of electrical on the undercarriage, but it is an option.
    yeah, passenger side, and i wont go under!




  9. #51
    basswiigee's Avatar
    basswiigee is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    3,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

    Re: HELP! what do i need...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerhemy View Post
    there is definitely a lot more to it than most people think when planning out their first system(s).

    Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help, man. Tons of excellent information out there on this site and others, just takes time to search it out and read it.
    lmao, definitely not my first system, had tons just never done right, except my last one ol school colossus on 2 titan 15s but that got jacked and i payed for the custom install... figured id try myself this time... the right way!




  10. #52
    jasonbillnelson's Avatar
    jasonbillnelson is offline LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!



    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Andrews AFB, MD
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: HELP! what do i need...

    Quote Originally Posted by basswiigee View Post
    yeah, passenger side, and i wont go under!
    ya a single run of 0ga to the alt won't be that bad. watch how to take of trim panels and look under the dash area around the passenger foot well to find a spot to drill a hole to run wire. Make sure you check inside the engine bay as well so you aren't going to hit anything!



    SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

    Bought from sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    **PBnation**http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=382280 --**eBay**search jasonbillnelson, 104 positive-0 negative[
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: 0ga CCA --Shuriken BT-80 up front and Shuriken BT-35 secondary

  11. Thanks basswiigee thanked for this post
  12. #53
    basswiigee's Avatar
    basswiigee is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    3,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

    Re: HELP! what do i need...

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbillnelson View Post
    ya a single run of 0ga to the alt won't be that bad. watch how to take of trim panels and look under the dash area around the passenger foot well to find a spot to drill a hole to run wire. Make sure you check inside the engine bay as well so you aren't going to hit anything!
    definitely, just didnt think i was gonna spend as much as i am!




  13. #54
    jasonbillnelson's Avatar
    jasonbillnelson is offline LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!



    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Andrews AFB, MD
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: HELP! what do i need...

    ya it's pricey.....but it's not as expensive as replacing an amp or sub because of bad electrical.



    SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

    Bought from sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    **PBnation**http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=382280 --**eBay**search jasonbillnelson, 104 positive-0 negative[
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: 0ga CCA --Shuriken BT-80 up front and Shuriken BT-35 secondary

  14. Likes audiobaun liked this post
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. Wiring Help? What do I need..
    By Carsen in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM
  2. Help me with a install what do i need etc.
    By Joseph23 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 07:38 PM
  3. What do I need!! Serious Help Here
    By KickerNeedHeLp in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 08:14 PM
  4. PLEASE HELP! What do i need?!
    By iltoivfe in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 08:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum