Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: Agm or Deep cycle ?

  1. #1
    h2h0e's Avatar
    h2h0e is offline Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Agm or Deep cycle ?








  2. #2
    05trailblazer's Avatar
    05trailblazer is offline k33p groaning son :)



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dallas,TX
    Posts
    2,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Agm or Deep cycle ?

    so what do you like about both of them? i mean you've already done the research



    HU:Pioneer 80-PRS
    Fnt&Rear Spkrs: 8 Neo-Pro-v.2 soon
    Mid Amp: Sax-50.4& Sax-200.4
    Subs: 4 Sundown Audio 18s Z v.4 tuned at 15hrtz
    Amp: 2*NS-1s
    batts:,xs2500,xs3000 x20
    wire:0g OFC Audio Technix
    alt: 3 HO alts from??? from mechman or singer?

  3. #3
    Lexicon740iL's Avatar
    Lexicon740iL is offline AGM FTW!



    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Agm or Deep cycle ?

    AGM FTW! All day long....

    Flooded Type batteries with liquid electrolyte will soon be a thing of the past.


    I just attended a conference on battery technology last month and they mentioned that most major domestic and foreign auto manufacturers will ship product with AGM batteries in 2015




  4. #4
    h2h0e's Avatar
    h2h0e is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Agm or Deep cycle ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 05trailblazer View Post
    so what do you like about both of them? i mean you've already done the research
    its not what i like about them its mostly witch type of battery would be better for a 1200 w rms system




  5. #5
    h2h0e's Avatar
    h2h0e is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Agm or Deep cycle ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon740iL View Post
    AGM FTW! All day long....

    Flooded Type batteries with liquid electrolyte will soon be a thing of the past.


    I just attended a conference on battery technology last month and they mentioned that most major domestic and foreign auto manufacturers will ship product with AGM batteries in 2015
    i might be wrong but i think all the new cars already come with agm standard battery .




  6. #6
    05trailblazer's Avatar
    05trailblazer is offline k33p groaning son :)



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dallas,TX
    Posts
    2,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Agm or Deep cycle ?

    batt cap are nice deka, ups, xs power, kinetik r some good choices



    HU:Pioneer 80-PRS
    Fnt&Rear Spkrs: 8 Neo-Pro-v.2 soon
    Mid Amp: Sax-50.4& Sax-200.4
    Subs: 4 Sundown Audio 18s Z v.4 tuned at 15hrtz
    Amp: 2*NS-1s
    batts:,xs2500,xs3000 x20
    wire:0g OFC Audio Technix
    alt: 3 HO alts from??? from mechman or singer?

  7. #7
    Ronny's Avatar
    Ronny is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Grand Forks, ND
    Posts
    721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Agm or Deep cycle ?

    Quote Originally Posted by h2h0e View Post
    i might be wrong but i think all the new cars already come with agm standard battery .
    Perhaps in Canada they do, but in the US not at all, nothing but SLA or wet batteries.

    You want the AGM battery BTW. Wet deep cycle batteries are easily outperformed by smaller AGM batteries for what we put them through. And, sealed AGM batteries need not venting, but wet batteries do. Do you plan to run one inside or to take the place of the stock battery outside? Either way AGM is a better suited choice for mobile audio applications.




  8. #8
    Silverado SS's Avatar
    Silverado SS is offline Shake Pound and Rattle



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Agm or Deep cycle ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 05trailblazer View Post
    batt cap are nice deka, ups, xs power, kinetik r some good choices
    This




  9. Likes 05trailblazer liked this post
  10. #9
    h2h0e's Avatar
    h2h0e is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Agm or Deep cycle ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    Perhaps in Canada they do, but in the US not at all, nothing but SLA or wet batteries.

    You want the AGM battery BTW. Wet deep cycle batteries are easily outperformed by smaller AGM batteries for what we put them through. And, sealed AGM batteries need not venting, but wet batteries do. Do you plan to run one inside or to take the place of the stock battery outside? Either way AGM is a better suited choice for mobile audio applications.
    i dont get why all canada cars is equiped with agm and not usa (maybe winter ) , thanks i guess ill get a better agm then




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. AGM Battery Deep Cycle AMP hours
    By slammincharger in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 08:53 AM
  2. Wtb Or Trade For 2 Deep Cycle Batteries, 0 Gauge Wire, Any Rockford Power Stuff
    By steelnips247 in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 06:54 PM
  3. Will I need a HO alternator/ and or deep cycle battery?
    By elpelotero22 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 08:56 PM
  4. Do I need a high output alternator/ and or deep cycle battery?
    By elpelotero22 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 01:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum