Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Subwoofer Barely Moving

Peggle is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Subwoofer Barely Moving

Haha I know I **** at everything, after looking at everything I see that my amp is crap so I'm gonna take it back bc I just bought it and get something a lot better, I'll look at the used amps on here for now then sue the hell out of boss for everything they have lol... The loc is fine I know for a fact... And also they're the new model rockford fosgate p3s so there's no way in hell that 400 rms can push them haha

FamousMassacre is offline Team Tantric

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Haha I know I **** at everything, after looking at everything I see that my amp is crap so I'm gonna take it back bc I just bought it and get something a lot better, I'll look at the used amps on here for now then sue the hell out of boss for everything they have lol... The loc is fine I know for a fact... And also they're the new model rockford fosgate p3s so there's no way in hell that 400 rms can push them haha
    They advertise 3000 watts MAX. Max/total watts doesn't matter at all, you need to worry about the continuous watts(RMS).

My first amp was a Boss 1000watt and I probably got 75rms because it was only capable at playing on 4 ohms rofl.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Get a DMM and do the gains like that.

-Team Tantric Sounds-
    -Team Ampere Audio-
    Subs: 1 15" Tantric HDD - 4.5cf 33hz
    Amp: American Bass vfl2680

Ronny is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sure get a decent amplifier, it'll help a lot. But, no LOCs are not "fine." Depending on what you want out of your system, a HU or OEM integration unit (or at the very least a line driver) would be a really good idea. It doesn't matter how great of an amplifier you have, if it isn't getting a decent signal, it won't reproduce a signal for you as well as it could. Hehe, though there are some great quality and many "top of the line" kinds of amplifiers out there that have high-level inputs for signals
    Just state what your goals are and we'll get you situated.

robert420 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you say the locs wired up right... then its obviously the amp. boss amps, im sorry, but they SUCKKK! one of the sHittiest amps on the market. its a wonder how they still sell their ****

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robert420 View Post
    if you say the locs wired up right... then its obviously the amp. boss amps, im sorry, but they SUCKKK! one of the sHittiest amps on the market. its a wonder how they still sell their ****
    Boss relies on a new group on noobs coming up every year and sells their shitty equipment cheap. That's how they do it. Cause let's face it to someone that hasn't heard a good, decent system, a couple Phantom 12's or 15's on 600 watts or is probably going to sound pretty good. Lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im not a fan of boss amps, they **** but the phantom subs are actually fairly good

Peggle is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i know u guys are giving me alot of hate for using an loc but in my current situation i have no other choice... I have an 08 mustang with the shaker 500 system. I can add an aftermarket radio BUT i have to get a wiring harness which is an extra $100. So id much rather not spend $300 for a new radio system. The loc works fine for me, i tapped in the wires pretty good and soldered them into their connections to ensure that im not losing signal. I figured out why the subs werent moving very much though. I got a professional to tune my amp and now theyre working great but i have a feeling that theyre only running at like 1/3 of their potential. Theyre still pretty loud and they rattle the rear view mirror pretty bad but i know those subs have more to give. I bought my amp at SonicElectronix and i was wondering what their return policy is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

u dont absoluteyl have to have a wiring harness. if u have money for a decent after market HU, just hardwire each wire into the factory wiring

Peggle is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robert420 View Post
    u dont absoluteyl have to have a wiring harness. if u have money for a decent after market HU, just hardwire each wire into the factory wiring
    lol, on the back of the stock HU there are literally almost 100 wires plus the antenna... I dont know if they make aftermarket HUs with that many wires :o

Peggle is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

also, how much is my amp REALISTICALLY putting out, i cant seem to find a clear answer online. I was thinking i could strap another PH3000 to my existing amp and have each run run its own speaker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im assuming with that many wires, it runs steering wheel controls n all those accessories?... all you really need is power, ground, and door speakers.

macsdad is offline boom-boom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Nooooo, please don't. Look in the classies for a good used amp.

Ronny is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

also, how much is my amp REALISTICALLY putting out, i cant seem to find a clear answer online. I was thinking i could strap another PH3000 to my existing amp and have each run run its own speaker
    I gave you all of the answers to your questions and MORE. Just re-read them and you'll find more than you need.
    You also left a dozen questions unanswered from my posts and other members' posts. But, we have what we need to know now pretty much.

BTW - It doesn't matter whether or not you soldered the LOC to a pair of speaker wires or not; inherently, yes, you are losing the truest sense of the signal because LOCs are... Whatever adjective you'd like to use.
    And like stated above (why I asked which vehicle you have), an OEM integration unit is the best bet for you if the HU is more than just an audio source, like steering wheel controls, center console controls, bluetooth, navigation, voice commands of any sort, et cetera... Be happy that you can obtain a harness for your car lol. None of my cars can utilize a regular ol' HU. So I had to buy 3x the best OEM integrators out there and installed them all simultaneously. I would have killed for a harness of sorts LOL. If not, your absolute best investment right now is grabbing something to obtain a proper signal. I guarantee that you will see an instant improvement in output with a proper usable signal. Then, a different amplifier is your next piece of equipment to obtain.

If you are content with your current output then don't worry about any of this and enjoy. Good to hear that you had somebody adjust the amplifier for you, hopefully you learned something about settings from what the person did.

14. Thanks Peggle thanked for this post
    Likes macsdad liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2