Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 151

Reload Thread: Well. That didn't impress me..

  1. #106
    Only The Best's Avatar
    Only The Best is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    lol put about 8 super tweeters in each door and make sure they constantly play at a frequency of 18000+ at full blast and ear bleeding will commense







  2. #107
    splwj47's Avatar
    splwj47 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Popcornhemeroid View Post
    And I guess even with what I've decided to go with now so far.. Still digging though
    Dc 5.0k amp
    2 12xl's
    170amp alt mechman
    4 d3100's

    Apparently still won't achieve too much Earbleeding epicness. But should satisfy my hunger.
    that would be a pretty good setup. but with the space you have available i would go with a pair of 15s. and a bigger alt.



    2003 JEEP Grand Cherokee
    HU- pioneer 80prs
    Front Stage- Tantric HD comps.
    FS Amp- B2 Quattro
    Sub Amp-B2 Zero1
    Subs- Tantric HDD 12's
    box - 4.5^3 32hz

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Tx/Ada, Ok
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Definitely will need a bigger alt




  4. #109
    slim2fattycake's Avatar
    slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Stars
    Posts
    2,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    bet you still won't do a 150...



    SPL-Lab REP

    Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

  5. #110
    Popcornhemeroid's Avatar
    Popcornhemeroid is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Terrace bc
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by splwj47 View Post
    that would be a pretty good setup. but with the space you have available i would go with a pair of 15s. and a bigger alt.
    Oh god let's not go over this again... Detailed quote from mechman told me 170amp is biggest I can go after that there's to much belt slippage so they sold it to me on the phone they told me 249$ ad it'll be shipped march 11th you'll see it in 7 days from that date... March 11th my credit card wa charged for 388$ march 25th I honed to ask about it to which I received horrible customer service and was refused when I asked to speak with a manager.. A few days later he swore at me on the phone hung up and ignored the phone after that.. Finally only after contacting the Knoxville tennessee police department and hosting an expensive 3 way conference call was I able to receive a straight answer on my alternator and speak with the manager... They did not send ye alt out until march 26th. He then apologized for that and for the person I was talkin to before who just so happens to have been the manager of customer service for 10 years. And he didn't know how to read a USPS invoice ? And swore at me because of it?? Really?? So yea then to top it off it got lost in the mail... I just finally recieved it on Thursday I think it was.... So yes we are now leaving my alt alone. Big three. And whatever we can cap the system off with that setup cuz I'm sick of this bull




  6. #111
    Popcornhemeroid's Avatar
    Popcornhemeroid is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Terrace bc
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by slim2fattycake View Post
    bet you still won't do a 150...
    Thanks for the vote of confidence




  7. #112
    Popcornhemeroid's Avatar
    Popcornhemeroid is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Terrace bc
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    Definitely will need a bigger alt
    See new post about alt there^^ lol




  8. #113
    splwj47's Avatar
    splwj47 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Popcornhemeroid View Post
    Oh god let's not go over this again... Detailed quote from mechman told me 170amp is biggest I can go after that there's to much belt slippage so they sold it to me on the phone they told me 249$ ad it'll be shipped march 11th you'll see it in 7 days from that date... March 11th my credit card wa charged for 388$ march 25th I honed to ask about it to which I received horrible customer service and was refused when I asked to speak with a manager.. A few days later he swore at me on the phone hung up and ignored the phone after that.. Finally only after contacting the Knoxville tennessee police department and hosting an expensive 3 way conference call was I able to receive a straight answer on my alternator and speak with the manager... They did not send ye alt out until march 26th. He then apologized for that and for the person I was talkin to before who just so happens to have been the manager of customer service for 10 years. And he didn't know how to read a USPS invoice ? And swore at me because of it?? Really?? So yea then to top it off it got lost in the mail... I just finally recieved it on Thursday I think it was.... So yes we are now leaving my alt alone. Big three. And whatever we can cap the system off with that setup cuz I'm sick of this bull
    still that is a pretty small alt to be running a 5k amp. i would try and sell it and get a bigger unit. singer is the only way to go IMO.



    2003 JEEP Grand Cherokee
    HU- pioneer 80prs
    Front Stage- Tantric HD comps.
    FS Amp- B2 Quattro
    Sub Amp-B2 Zero1
    Subs- Tantric HDD 12's
    box - 4.5^3 32hz

  9. #114
    Popcornhemeroid's Avatar
    Popcornhemeroid is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Terrace bc
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by splwj47 View Post
    still that is a pretty small alt to be running a 5k amp. i would try and sell it and get a bigger unit. singer is the only way to go IMO.
    What about the whole belt slip thing???




  10. #115
    Popcornhemeroid's Avatar
    Popcornhemeroid is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Terrace bc
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by splwj47 View Post
    still that is a pretty small alt to be running a 5k amp. i would try and sell it and get a bigger unit. singer is the only way to go IMO.
    My buddy runs 4k in a dodge caliber srt all day long doing can tricks on a stock alt. 2 3100's in the back of course




  11. #116
    robert420's Avatar
    robert420 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    geneva ne
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Popcornhemeroid View Post
    I know how to set it up.. See the video on page 1... It's a box.. I have 35 inches by 35 inches by 17 inches I think that's roughly 12 cubic feet an no one can tell me what the optimal design for my 95 jeep yj is. But apparently it takes knowledge and technology so I guess I'm up shitcreek.
    id watch the video but im at skwl n they block youtube




  12. #117
    slim2fattycake's Avatar
    slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Stars
    Posts
    2,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Popcornhemeroid View Post
    Thanks for the vote of confidence
    You're relying on equipment way too much.



    SPL-Lab REP

    Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

  13. #118
    Popcornhemeroid's Avatar
    Popcornhemeroid is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Terrace bc
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by slim2fattycake View Post
    You're relying on equipment way too much.
    ??




  14. #119
    Popcornhemeroid's Avatar
    Popcornhemeroid is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Terrace bc
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by slim2fattycake View Post
    You're relying on equipment way too much.
    How so the question I initially asked is what can I cap my equipment at on the power source I have... That was my answer




  15. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Tx/Ada, Ok
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Popcornhemeroid View Post
    See new post about alt there^^ lol
    Quote Originally Posted by splwj47 View Post
    still that is a pretty small alt to be running a 5k amp. i would try and sell it and get a bigger unit. singer is the only way to go IMO.
    Yeeep




Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Well that was fun... not
    By Shyne151 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 11:37 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 05:40 PM
  3. well that when you get one thing you need another
    By bass_mekanik in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 09:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum