User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Reload Thread: Well. That didn't impress me..

Popcornhemeroid is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Well. That didn't impress me..

And mechman said I can return the alternator I just bought from them. So that's 400$ back to put for bigger alt I I really need to do that....
    They usually don't refund or anything they said but because of how it all played out and how long I waited and how I was treated I can send it back if I want this is why I'm barraging with questions to figure out ASAP If I should return it for bigger

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    The case of the alternator should have a large path for - flow to ground post of battery/frame. See that big honkin' cable coming off the +12 of that alternator? There should be something similar connecting the body of the alternator to chasis/-

If you're not desparate to save space I'd use batteries before dropping another 500$ into alternator. IF I were to be looking alternator I'd be trying to find someone to make a bracket to run multiple alternators.

Also

Wasn't sure so I searched it.. But yea

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Popcornhemeroid View Post
    There is nowhere on this new mechman alts body to throw a ground? Hence why those other ground looking wires in that pic aren't hooked to anything Should I just throw ye ring terminal for a ground on one of the mounting bolts to the frame of my jeep?
    That's not a bad idea.... or as in your more recent conversation make **** sure you have a good ground from engine block to the chasis/- terminal.

And mechman said I can return the alternator I just bought from them. So that's 400$ back to put for bigger alt I I really need to do that....
    They usually don't refund or anything they said but because of how it all played out and how long I waited and how I was treated I can send it back if I want this is why I'm barraging with questions to figure out ASAP If I should return it for bigger
    That's decent of him. Let us know how the "6 phase" critter works. A few of us run the 4.0l jeeps and we await your review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuned in for this one, thanks @hispls ;. Yeah man you may wanna ground that wire lol

splwj47 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even singer is telling me

Haha he thinks my name is Brian.... Cuz my email is brain_tooth and hi eyes saw Brian obvs
    so there is a 6 phase 275 amp alt with a 4 grove belt for your unit. that is what you need. also didnt know the 4.0 only had the 4 grove belt.

2003 JEEP Grand Cherokee
    HU- pioneer 80prs
    Front Stage- Tantric HD comps.
    FS Amp- B2 Quattro
    Sub Amp-B2 Zero1
    Subs- Tantric HDD 12's
    box - 4.5^3 32hz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    Tuned in for this one, thanks @hispls ;. Yeah man you may wanna ground that wire lol
    What wire ? The other two ends off the plastic box that were attached to the old alt?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not a bad idea.... or as in your more recent conversation make **** sure you have a good ground from engine block to the chasis/- terminal.

That's decent of him. Let us know how the "6 phase" critter works. A few of us run the 4.0l jeeps and we await your review.

Lol @ decent of him... Yea I guess the manager ie had no problems with. Other than the 170amp alt barely handles one hd1200 on some songs... I asked for an alt that wound handle 2 hd1200's and a 4 channel an what I got. Will not do that in my eyes.

Either way he says send I back exactly how we sent it to you.. Which is like. Impossible. As I don't even have the wrapping.. And insure it for full value as any damage when it gets there comes out of my refund. Blah blah blah stipulation stipulation stipulation... Now that I've actually said yes I'll take u up on that I want to return it... But.. Just out of spite.. Ima go out there in the rain today. Remove it, put my old stock one back in go to Canada post figure out how to package it properly and return it... I'd expect about a month before I see my new one from singer as he needs to build it and send it and I'm only placing my order once my other one is returned.. I don't want to end up with two alts lol

3 Kings is offline Supporting Vendor 3 Kings is a Supporting Member of the forum!

3 Kings is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embed fail.

3 Kings is offline Supporting Vendor 3 Kings is a Supporting Member of the forum!

3 Kings is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your heart is set on another alternator I got mine from Excessive Amperage and am quite happy. I have 95 Grand Cherokee (4.0l) and belt does slip when it loads down hard, but except under extreme abuse it's not an issue and I'm drawing a good bit more power than you're likely to.
    My E.A. alt does the same thing usually at low rpm only, but sometimes it will start slipping driving down the road. ***** cause you can't hear the belt over the music, so have to check voltage constantly.

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol @ decent of him... Yea I guess the manager ie had no problems with. Other than the 170amp alt barely handles one hd1200 on some songs... I asked for an alt that wound handle 2 hd1200's and a 4 channel an what I got. Will not do that in my eyes.
    Either way he says send I back exactly how we sent it to you.. Which is like. Impossible. As I don't even have the wrapping.. And insure it for full value as any damage when it gets there comes out of my refund. Blah blah blah stipulation stipulation stipulation... Now that I've actually said yes I'll take u up on that I want to return it... But.. Just out of spite.. Ima go out there in the rain today. Remove it, put my old stock one back in go to Canada post figure out how to package it properly and return it... I'd expect about a month before I see my new one from singer as he needs to build it and send it and I'm only placing my order once my other one is returned.. I don't want to end up with two alts lol
    I suggest you do some math on your system and it's requirements, and know what you need and then tell him what you want. That way, you won't be disappointed when you have high expectations. If you did do this and tell him exactly what you needed, and this still happened, then I apologize, his fault. And in that case I would not go back to him.

I personally have a DC270XP and it's great. No belt slippage, strong current, no problems. Handled a DC 2.0k only dropping to about 13.4 at rare moments, at idle.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    I suggest you do some math on your system and it's requirements, and know what you need and then tell him what you want. That way, you won't be disappointed when you have high expectations. If you did do this and tell him exactly what you needed, and this still happened, then I apologize, his fault. And in that case I would not go back to him.

I personally have a DC270XP and it's great. No belt slippage, strong current, no problems. Handled a DC 2.0k only dropping to about 13.4 at rare moments, at idle.
    Yes not only did I talk on the phone with them I filled out that online thing that asks all the specs... Check it out at mechman.com there's a form they have where they ask everything. But yes no offense taken.. Singer seems like they want to help me.. I'm trying to sell the alt to someone around here with a jeep that way I don't have to go through all this trouble of sending it back... But noone has cash and the kids around here with jeeps are more interested in lockers and stuff not alternators lol

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Kings View Post
    Embed fail.
    What is embed fail?

FamousMassacre is offline Team Tantric

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
    2 12s would make you happy. Here are 2 12s on about 2000RMS total.

2 12 inch Ascendant Audio Mayhem subs Rack City Tyga on Exile X5 - YouTube
    Why would anyone under power those subs so much? 2000 isn't even rating on one.

-Team Tantric Sounds-
    -Team Ampere Audio-
    Subs: 4 Tantric MD 15"s - 17sqft 34hz
    Amp: Banda ICE 3500

jockhater2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FamousMassacre View Post
    Why would anyone under power those subs so much? 2000 isn't even rating on one.
    Didn't do it on purpose. The box is too big. The guy who designed it. Did it because he thought it would be a good idea to go easy on my electrical since this set up is my DD

Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

tommydh is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garretttt4 View Post
    Ok its a w7. I'd get some diff subs.... More SPL oriented if it was my system and if you wanna get loud. I'm sure there will be ppl who will say I'm stupid w7's can get loud but iv never had good luck with getting jl subs extraordinarily loud...

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Can you fit two 15s?

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Or even 2 12s?
    Well Im probably repeating someone but hell that box new was what a grand for one . You could get two SA-zs or SSA xcons for lessthan the price of that JL or even do 4- SA-10 or 8's then you only have the issue of soft/no roof

Pioneer DEH 80 PRS
    1 Sundown SD-2 10,
    Kicker SS56.2 components.(Soon to be changed out) Anyone with a set of these or maybe a single mid I'm looking
    Rockford Fosgate T-1000.1bd
    Pioneer GM6400f

I am DH Audio.,
    This isn't baseball I'm the original DH Richard Ctranium

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast