Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Reload Thread: sub & amp ohm question

  1. #1
    Repoguy79's Avatar
    Repoguy79 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    sub & amp ohm question

    sup guys I need help here I have two 15 re sx subs dvc 1000rms each can I wire them to 1ohms if yes ill have to get a 2000rms or 1800rms amp 1ohm stable right does anyone have diagram for wiring my subs to 1ohm if you reply to my question please put 007 at the end so ill know you talking to me thanks for the help







  2. #2
    calebkhill's Avatar
    calebkhill is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Phenix City, Alabama
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: sub & amp ohm question

    Quote Originally Posted by Repoguy79 View Post
    sup guys I need help here I have two 15 re sx subs dvc 1000rms each can I wire them to 1ohms if yes ill have to get a 2000rms or 1800rms amp 1ohm stable right does anyone have diagram for wiring my subs to 1ohm if you reply to my question please put 007 at the end so ill know you talking to me thanks for the help
    Right, needs to be 1ohm stable if your wiring it to 1 ohms.
    Use this to figure up how to wire.
    Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams



    "When I listen to a stereo loudspeaker playback in my room and an auditory scene has formed in my mind, how would I know that what I hear is an accurate replica of an auditory scene that could be had at the recording venue? Or more generally, that this is an auditory scene that could have existed at all?"


  3. #3
    Repoguy79's Avatar
    Repoguy79 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: sub & amp ohm question

    Quote Originally Posted by calebkhill View Post
    Right, needs to be 1ohm stable if your wiring it to 1 ohms.
    Use this to figure up how to wire.
    Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams
    thanks bro




  4. #4
    slim217's Avatar
    slim217 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: sub & amp ohm question

    it depends on if they are D2 or d4 if they are d4 u can wire to 1 ohm if ur amp is one ohm stable if they are d2 can not wire to 1 ohm




  5. #5
    naughtyca's Avatar
    naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    2,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: sub & amp ohm question

    i use this a lot just select number of speakers and impedance

    Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams




  6. #6
    Repoguy79's Avatar
    Repoguy79 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: sub & amp ohm question

    Quote Originally Posted by slim217 View Post
    it depends on if they are D2 or d4 if they are d4 u can wire to 1 ohm if ur amp is one ohm stable if they are d2 can not wire to 1 ohm
    well there's two wire terminals on both side of the sub so im thinking is dvc 4ohm if im right and if that u talking about




  7. #7
    nvturbo's Avatar
    nvturbo is offline Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: sub & amp ohm question

    Quote Originally Posted by Repoguy79 View Post
    well there's two wire terminals on both side of the sub so im thinking is dvc 4ohm if im right and if that u talking about
    What he's referring to is the ohm rating of the voice coil. Yes, it's a dual voice coil sub but they are either 2ohm or 4ohm coils. Makes a difference of course.



    2012 Volkswagen GTI 4dr
    * Factory RCD-510 H/U
    * MASSIVE AUDIO CK 6X 6.5 components
    * Alpine 3547 2-channel amp
    * Audison SR 1D monoblock amp
    * MASSIVE AUDIO TW10 10" sub in 1.36cu ft ported box (tuned @ 35Hz)
    * Streetwires OFC 4awg power/ground wires
    * Audio Control LC2i line output converter
    * Audio Control ACR-1 remote knob

Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Sub/Amp wiring & ohms question
    By mnboarder in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 09:05 PM
  2. sub+amp+ohm question
    By I love bass in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 08:57 PM
  3. newb question - ohms for sub and amp
    By bassjunky in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
  4. amp (1.3 ohm) and sub (1 ohm) question
    By chillout25 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 07:56 AM
  5. sub wiring and ohm question!!!!!!!!!!
    By spicmonster in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 02:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum