Closed Thread

Reload Thread: wiring up multiple batteries

brandonkain82 is offline your mom goes to college

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

wiring up multiple batteries

I got in a little discussion with timmy13091 about wiring multiple batteries. cant u just run one maian wire from front battery to back battery and then wire the rest in series and then tie into the amp at the last battery. Or do u have to run multiple runs from the front battery to the back batteries. I only have one in the back right now but adding a total of four new ones in the back tomorrow. can someone clarify and possibly make me a wire diagram for me and timmy to go off of.Thanks crew

2 smd fifteens on 2 b2 m1s. 8 crossfire mids and 4 aq tweets on 3 b2 qautros. 270 mechman. 10 c and d batts. Busting windshields like its my job.

NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Re: wiring up multiple batteries

im about to add a second power run to my back batteroes but u only need 1 ..run 1 back to back batteries then make buss bars or parallel the batteries doesnt matter which battery u wire to amp

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    im about to add a second power run to my back batteroes but u only need 1 ..run 1 back to back batteries then make buss bars or parallel the batteries doesnt matter which battery u wire to amp
    that's what I thought thanks do u know where I can get the buss bars I looked on toolmakers site any other suggestions

2 smd fifteens on 2 b2 m1s. 8 crossfire mids and 4 aq tweets on 3 b2 qautros. 270 mechman. 10 c and d batts. Busting windshields like its my job.

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

It's better with more runs tho correct ?? Hence you adding another run ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

plenty of people get by with 1 run ..but i had 1 run of cca hence addig a second run..and i made my buss bars out of 1/4" aluminum stock..i drilled and tapped. 10 holes for each one pretty simple i bought a pice was 15 bucks and i got enough to make another set...but yea the more wire u run from frobt to back the quicker ur reserve will build back up bc there will be more wire for power to flow thru essentially

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

plenty of people get by with 1 run ..but i had 1 run of cca hence addig a second run..and i made my buss bars out of 1/4" aluminum stock..i drilled and tapped. 10 holes for each one pretty simple i bought a pice was 15 bucks and i got enough to make another set...but yea the more wire u run from frobt to back the quicker ur reserve will build back up bc there will be more wire for power to flow thru essentially
    so if u have dual inputs on amp do u run multiple wires off one battery or all batts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

nah u can run a single run to back then run dual off back batteries..if u got the extra wire never hurts to run more

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Parallel, not series or you'll be on that 24v ****.

With a factory alt and stock battery up front 1 run of 1/0 is fine. Once you have a decent HO alt then a 2nd run couldn't hurt.

For the rear batt bank I use 1/4" x 1 1/4" strap aluminum to make buss bars. Home Depot or Lowes should have it. Otherwise jumper wires with 1/0. If your amp has dual inputs you could connect to each center batt. Probably won't make a diff but "might" help to spread the load. Some guys also do POS on first batt of bank and NEG on last batt.

F timmy

9. Thanks brandonkain82 thanked for this post
    Durango03 is offline Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brandonkain82 View Post
    so if u have dual inputs on amp do u run multiple wires off one battery or all batts
    Its dependent on your output. Obviously if you want to run 8k watts your not going to get there with one 250amp wire. You can go to CACO and shot Toolmaker a message for custom busbars, or if your not a member Im sure you can do the same on his website. you pick whatever side you need (Example: 1.5x3x40). He can basically do anything you need be specific and give details (10 0ga input/outputs.. 20 of them, or 10,000 with a built-in volt meter) Dude is awesome so go wild.

HeadUnit: sold Front Stage: 6.5 skar vxi65 + IA i65c + DB drive pro tweets Highs Amp: sold Sub Stage: all sold Sub Amp: sold Box: Wall @ ~30cu.ft. Electrical: 100ft 2/0 welding wire + 75ft 1/0 Audio Technix + 2 C&D 140's
    Deadener: 100sq.ft. Audio Technix 60mil

References (sold, bought): Winkychevelle, SKARaudio x2, Patthehat033, Mazdakid, Ten_ton_bass, GAMEOVERCCA, Horsemanwill, Boomsday, Zellner, g6ryder x2, Moble Enclosurs (Box design), Goodstuff, Bread0710, dgaf, Cat Man, and many more (MAF, CACO, & ebay references available as well [110+ transactions])

11. Likes brandonkain82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Durango03 View Post
    Its dependent on your output. Obviously if you want to run 8k watts your not going to get there with one 250amp wire. You can go to CACO and shot Toolmaker a message for custom busbars, or if your not a member Im sure you can do the same on his website. you pick whatever side you need (Example: 1.5x3x40). He can basically do anything you need be specific and give details (10 0ga input/outputs.. 20 of them, or 10,000 with a built-in volt meter) Dude is awesome so go wild.
    i built my buss bars for like 7 bucks from 1/4" thick 2" wide aluminum..even tapped holes for each run...piece of cake dont b lazy

Durango03 is offline Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

i built my buss bars for like 7 bucks from 1/4" thick 2" wide aluminum..even tapped holes for each run...piece of cake dont b lazy
    I agree fabbing your own bars from supplies bought at Lowes has the ability to be substancially cheaper, however if you lack the necessary tools/ want excessive thinkness, it is going to be a better alternative to go with TM.

Previous build I used 1/4''x2'36'' bars from Lowes that were $5 each, but this time Im going with a much thicker bar.. The "steel" bars that lowes sells, which I need to fit my application would be equivalent (or very close) to the cost of TM's aluminum bars.

HeadUnit: sold Front Stage: 6.5 skar vxi65 + IA i65c + DB drive pro tweets Highs Amp: sold Sub Stage: all sold Sub Amp: sold Box: Wall @ ~30cu.ft. Electrical: 100ft 2/0 welding wire + 75ft 1/0 Audio Technix + 2 C&D 140's
    Deadener: 100sq.ft. Audio Technix 60mil

References (sold, bought): Winkychevelle, SKARaudio x2, Patthehat033, Mazdakid, Ten_ton_bass, GAMEOVERCCA, Horsemanwill, Boomsday, Zellner, g6ryder x2, Moble Enclosurs (Box design), Goodstuff, Bread0710, dgaf, Cat Man, and many more (MAF, CACO, & ebay references available as well [110+ transactions])

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

yeah i got dual 8 1/0 bars for 55$ shipped

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : Bill Fitzmaurice Truck tuba DD 600series 10"
    amp: Kicker zx500.1
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

Closed Thread