Reload Thread: interesting read....

NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Re: interesting read....

Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    *Sigh*

No they won't, most will not act on them; especially because they will not have the slightest as to what is true or not or what to pursue. Nor will they upgrade to a point to where much is needed. And most POS install places will have them covered, because everything they say is the gold to them. LOL.
    true in some sense but i get guys around here who act on stupid ideas like this and wonder why their amps sub are fried alts and batteries are drained ..pops fuses left and right etc etc

Ronny is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

A novice to the mobile audio world will more than likely believe what was written out there. No I do not agree with what he stated through much of his website, but trust me when I say, that if you have a noob that you are unable to persuade, or whom is hopeless, just tell him/her to read through the BCAE. If he/she has questions after, or truly come around even, then what IS the NEW and real world of mobile audio nowadays can be spewed to him/her. Like I said, at that point an enthusiast is born, and then it is on him/her to LEARN, and find out what is the way to do what he/she is after.

What is stated on the BCAE, was completely useful way back in the day IMO. Lol, very seldom was it that much was needed over the stock stuff. And, when a full-on enthusiast was doing his/her thing, then the true upgrades and what was/is needed was found/learned and acted upon. But holy crap, I remember what ~400Wrms was back then, you didn't even need to get much louder *mind is blown* Hah, and to think the stock charging system was just fine supporting that.
    Now, even 5kW sounds weak. No, that is an incredible amount of power when one thinks about what that is :p
    But... Lol, anything under a 153dB or so is not even registered nowadays :-/

3. Likes ciaonzo liked this post
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calebkhill View Post
    But couldn't an extra battery be stressful on a stock alternator in Some cases
    Yes it actually can. If you have issues with your system pulling far more then your standard electrical can keep up with and you add a second battery it is no more then a band-aid for the problem and can cause more issues.

5. Likes ciaonzo liked this post
    ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    no .no he doesnt ..no where in his rambling had anything that wasnt a total crock of shlt ..with the exception of fusing the alt portion of the big 3 ..which i dont do
    Bro... You're a little worked up about this.

Please fuse 'em. I've seen cars burned to the ground because of un-fused runs of cable. Big 3 or not, it's just a no-brainer and really a core issue the fellow was trying to highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Ronny is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

^ Yup, batteries have what we call: inductance.
    And so do caps... :-( :p

Beatin' is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Having extra batteries is a big deal, but only when the stock battery and alternator cannot support the added draw of the system. And, when a car is idling, the alternator is not producing the current, nor voltage (both matter significantly and people always leave it out), so it needs to be spun/revved up to actually produce some larger amounts of "usable" current. Batteries over the HO alternator are what matter more, because many of us (like myself) have a system that will draw WELL more than what our alternators can produce by themselves. Having more batteries creates essentially "a buffer," from the system's major current draw from killing the alternator by drawing from it solely, once the stock battery per se, is drained to a point below usable voltage can be provided by it.
    Yes it actually can. If you have issues with your system pulling far more then your standard electrical can keep up with and you add a second battery it is no more then a band-aid for the problem and can cause more issues.
    These two statements in this thread seem to contradict one another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    These two statements in this thread seem to contradict one another.
    not really ...when u add bateries and batteries to a stock alt it taxes the system ..thats where the ho alt comes in but u still need batts on top of that as a reserve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I'm bringin' caps back. **** it.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

11. Likes av83 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post

That was so close to dislike...maybe a like.......

I couldn't decide so I just left it alone

13. Likes ciaonzo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

dbl post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

oh mylanta what a mess...yea ill probably fuse my big 3 when i add my extra runs ...didnt have a extra fuseholder at the time

16. Likes ciaonzo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    That was so close to dislike...maybe like.......

I couldn't decide so I just left it along
    Jus playin, lol. Thanks for the show of restraint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    oh mylanta what a mess...yea ill probably fuse my big 3 when i add my extra runs ...didnt have a extra fuseholder at the time
    I smiled so big when found this pic because it brought back a flood of memories from 'back in the day'.

murph is offline Low for Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

This thread basically is going to mislead every new member. Please tell me why you think both of those things aren't needed. When your car lights on fire LMK.

Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Eclipse Xa5000
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

20. Likes ciaonzo liked this post
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I was asking, some time ago, if there would be a benefit to running a few, bigger, caps in parallel. Never got a clear answer... what say you, sir? Btw, I have a feeling you may be one of the few around here that might appreciate the substage in my sig, lol...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast