Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Icon8 Yet another problem

I probably have the worst luck but this isn't the place to rant, anyway, I was installing interior glow lights and I used a fuse plugged for power (I unplugged the fuse and plugged it in there) This morning I unplugged it to remove it since I was going to permanatly wire it today. When I did that and turned my car back on, the head unit didn't turn on I had no time to figure out why since I was leaving to work. After work I unplugged it and plugged it back in and turned the car on, nothing, I did this maybe 3 times and it finally worked again. Then I went home to wire it and used the plug again to test the different ground I was going to use, plugged the fuse back in and nothing. I removed and plugged in the fuse several times and nothing, I checked the fuse and it's not broken. Anyone at all have any suggestions? I'm thinking about taking it to the dealer to get some insight about what it is, I'm also going to remove the head unit to see if it blew it's fuses. I don't think so though considering it worked once before when this happened. Thank you.

Callingindogs is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Re: Yet another problem

Please anyone? A suggestion would be the world

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

bump

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

bump.

Jes 42 is offline karma!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    579 Post(s)

Put another fuse in.May be broke somewhere you cant see.

Kenwood x996
    Kicker KX850.4
    4 Prv 6.5's-Bazooka Euphonic tweets
    300 amp Ohio Gen alt
    Lotta 0 ga..
    Coming soon:
    Fi Team 18 on a B2 zero.5 courtesy of 72Impala(great dude)

keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1174 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callingindogs View Post
    Please anyone? A suggestion would be the world
    you will need to start with a DMM and measure voltage on the fuse pins. i'm not quite sure of what you mean by "used a fuse plugged for power" - how did you add a wire to an existing fuse? did you use a fuse tap product?

anyway, with your DMM, measure voltage on both sides of the fuse with it plugged in (you can touch the DMM lead on the metal tabs that are exposed). do that on both sides of the fuse as that will verify the fuse has electrical connectivity (not just visual). simply choose a good ground point for the black DMM lead (i like using alligator clips to free up a hand).

note that there are usually other fuses as well. it's also possible you've weakened the connection if you jammed something else in there and widened the pins.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

7. Thanks Callingindogs thanked for this post
    Likes Callingindogs liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Thank you for the reply! I will try that, and if the pins were widened, how would I fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    you will need to start with a DMM and measure voltage on the fuse pins. i'm not quite sure of what you mean by "used a fuse plugged for power" - how did you add a wire to an existing fuse? did you use a fuse tap product?

anyway, with your DMM, measure voltage on both sides of the fuse with it plugged in (you can touch the DMM lead on the metal tabs that are exposed). do that on both sides of the fuse as that will verify the fuse has electrical connectivity (not just visual). simply choose a good ground point for the black DMM lead (i like using alligator clips to free up a hand).

note that there are usually other fuses as well. it's also possible you've weakened the connection if you jammed something else in there and widened the pins.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

I just went and tried it and I think the pins were too far out, I put in the wire into where the fuse goes and put the plug over it figuring that would make a connection between the pins and the pins of the fuse and the radio came on. I was ready to take the whole radio out tomorrow if anything. You saved me a lot of time and stress thank you so much! How would I bring the pints back in closer to the fuse pins?

keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1174 Post(s)

you can try a small jewelers screwdriver (with the battery disconnected)...

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

I fixed it earlier, I had a tiny flat head screw driver and it was small enough to push it, thank you so much. You're a life saver
    you can try a small jewelers screwdriver (with the battery disconnected)...

12. Likes keep_hope_alive liked this post
Closed Thread