Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: Stereo Won't Turn On????

  1. #1
    zeke813505's Avatar
    zeke813505 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Stereo Won't Turn On????

    I was installing a new stereo in my truck and lost where the power wire is. Just my luck it touched the stereo,sparked and now won't turn on. Its not only that stereo either. I had two brand new ones and tried those but still would not turn on. I changed the (radio on) fuse on the truck and still same problem. Anyone who knows what is going on or has idea please lmk







  2. #2
    vaiboy's Avatar
    vaiboy is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Stereo Won't Turn On????

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke813505 View Post
    I was installing a new stereo in my truck and lost where the power wire is. Just my luck it touched the stereo,sparked and now won't turn on. Its not only that stereo either. I had two brand new ones and tried those but still would not turn on. I changed the (radio on) fuse on the truck and still same problem. Anyone who knows what is going on or has idea please lmk
    It's most likely another fuse, check to see if anything else isn't working, like the interior lights, it can help narrow down which fuse blew, or just check all of your fuses. Some cars have a panel in the dash and under the hood so be sure to check both.




  3. #3
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Stereo Won't Turn On????

    Some radios have a fuse on the back of them also.Underhood fuse box also/possibly?to check see if stereo works fine, you can take yellow/and red wire and tie together to a single test wire, and the ground, and touch batt post for the -,and +,and if it lights up, its good..Knowing you have an issue with the supply in the vehicle.When it sparked, it blew a fuse somewhere for sure though




  4. #4
    zeke813505's Avatar
    zeke813505 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stereo Won't Turn On????

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Some radios have a fuse on the back of them also.Underhood fuse box also/possibly?to check see if stereo works fine, you can take yellow/and red wire and tie together to a single test wire, and the ground, and touch batt post for the -,and +,and if it lights up, its good..Knowing you have an issue with the supply in the vehicle.When it sparked, it blew a fuse somewhere for sure though
    Touching the yellow and red turned it on. Thanks alot. So now I know the stereo works any idea how to get it back to normal




  5. #5
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: Stereo Won't Turn On????

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke813505 View Post
    Touching the yellow and red turned it on. Thanks alot. So now I know the stereo works any idea how to get it back to normal
    Have the same issue with an Eclipse CD7200mkii. Be interested in learning about this as well. Pioneer AVH-P8400BH wires up just fine normal, but the Eclipse needs the wires crossed to turn on. Has been like that since before West had it.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  6. #6
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Stereo Won't Turn On????

    Most after market stereos have a small button to push to reset the head unit..I use a toothpick, and hold it in for a count of 8 seconds, then release, and goes back to default setting




  7. #7
    zeke813505's Avatar
    zeke813505 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stereo Won't Turn On????

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Most after market stereos have a small button to push to reset the head unit..I use a toothpick, and hold it in for a count of 8 seconds, then release, and goes back to default setting
    Its not only that one head unit. Its every unit I use does the same thing.




  8. #8
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: Stereo Won't Turn On????

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Most after market stereos have a small button to push to reset the head unit..I use a toothpick, and hold it in for a count of 8 seconds, then release, and goes back to default setting
    I'll pass that on to West when I send it back as a potential option. Not about to go back in there and move stuff around if it's working right now. Just sucks that I have to remove the faceplate to turn the stereo off lol. Gets me used to making sure it won't get stolen, though.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  9. #9
    zeke813505's Avatar
    zeke813505 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stereo Won't Turn On????

    Found the problem!! It was another fuse. "Delayed Accessory power for audio etc" thanks everyone




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Car stereo won't turn on
    By SaintAndrew in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 02:52 PM
  2. My JVC Stereo Won't Turn On!
    By BarakObamaJr666 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 12:19 PM
  3. New Car Stereo Won't Turn On
    By Lascerius in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 08:39 PM
  4. New aerial, now the stereo won't turn on!
    By carlnrtn in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 05:01 PM
  5. car stereo won't turn on
    By thepoman in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 04:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum