Closed Thread

Reload Thread: will amp make highs louder

tyronekndrck is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

will amp make highs louder

well I'm hooking up 2 l7 15 inched next week in Chevy lumina should I run my door speakers to the amp or buy new 4x6s and run those to the amp. I want to be able to hear my music not just bass any suggestions

inferno1985 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: will amp make highs louder

get a different amp for your highs. if you plan on running any door speakers to an amp, get new speakers. the ones from the factory are garbage paper products lol. youll blow them, id get a new air of door speaker and a seperate amp for them.

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Yes. Best thing to do is get a component set that will fit and power them with an amp. But new 4x6's with an amp will make a big difference too. @mylows10 ; what can you do for him?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Yes. Best thing to do is get a component set that will fit and power them with an amp. But new 4x6's with an amp will make a big difference too. @mylows10 what can you do for him?

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

You fit two L7 15's in your trunk? As for highs, grab a set of pods for your kick panel and run a component set. A decent 150x2 amp on a respectable set will keep up with a loud sub stage. Check out the PHD vendor forum here fur a nice set, too.

Pioneer 80prs
    Rockford Fosgate t800.4, CDT ES-MO 6 mids, Digital Designs T2 tweets
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1's strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by av83 View Post
    You fit two L7 15's in your trunk? As for highs, grab a set of pods for your kick panel and run a component set. A decent 150x2 amp on a respectable set will keep up with a loud sub stage. Check out the PHD vendor forum here fur a nice set, too.
    Now that you mention it, OP how big is your box, and what is it tuned to? I think pods might be above what he is looking for, but OP that wouldn't be bad. Highly dependent on the drivers you choose though. Some drivers like ported, others small sealed. Same as subwoofers.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Yes. Best thing to do is get a component set that will fit and power them with an amp. But new 4x6's with an amp will make a big difference too. @mylows10 what can you do for him?
    depends on the power he wants to run and 4x6 speakers as well. i's make or buy adapters and run components there instead

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Closed Thread